• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a taboo question

Octavia
    Fabia
    Beetle

Comment

I'm kinda optimistic and say that the car will do closer to 15mpg on average.
      Fuel consumption: https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detai...ht/687230.html
      Gallery of the e30 restoration: https://db.tt/hbFq2YSh

www.LPEpower.com
      If you want to contribute to the rebuild of the E30, paypal is: nicjasno@gmail.com

Comment

I think we can be quite sure that the car will consume petrol.
        Battered and weary after the craziness of the 1960s, the self-righteousness of the 1970s and the greed of the 1980s, I want to go home again, oh, so desperately - home to that land of drive-in restaurants and Chevy Bel-Airs, making out and rock 'n' roll and drag races and Studebakers, Elvis and James Dean and black leather jackets. Not that I ever owned a black leather jacket.
        (Roger Ebert)

|

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
          I think we can be quite sure that the car will consume petrol at a standstill, with the engine off
          Originally posted by tigger
          The Lord spoke, "Let there be angry V8s, whistling turbos and big ass cams." And it was good.

Comment

It has so far. Nearly 50 gallons.

Comment

Originally posted by nicjasno View Post
              The scary thing is, that that was the level of technology when humans last walked on the moon.
              Disc brakes are a level of technology from before when humans first walked on the moon. We're still using them.

Comment

Well, after 1,525 miles and 32 hours on the road, Lucille, Gena and I have all made it home no worse than when we started (though after that amount of time in the truck the humans backsides are very sore).

I'll get Lucille off the trailer later and get a few shots of her before I clean out a spot for her in the garage. The Fairmont will have to stay outside for the time being.

Comment

This car and the way it was purchased make me feel happy and jealous the same time. Congrats and enjoy her, Doc. And Craig too, of course.

Comment

Another Lucille from '72... That Dr_Grip probably can't see because of Germany's interesting take on music on YouTube.

Comment

Those sideways mounted rear seats gave me flashbacks to childhood. One of my friend's parents had an 80s Country Squire at one point.
                      <insert witty saying here>

Comment

Took it around town for a little drive to better familiarize myself with the big gal. She's spunky for a girl her size.

As you all can see Gena and Caden enjoyed riding in the rear jump seats.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405477840033.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	220.2 KB
ID:	3431736

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405477868829.jpg
Size:	246.6 KB
ID:	3431737

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405477920110.jpg
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	3431738

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405477940118.jpg
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	3431739

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405477963740.jpg
Size:	279.1 KB
ID:	3431740

Comment

Don't fall in love Craig, it's only a summer affair.. then you'll have to let her go.

Comment

Indeed. She's easy to love, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr_Grip View Post
                              Budget and German classic car rules prohibit extensive modifications - the things I could get away with (heads, cam) I can't afford. Thus, we'll probably get an Edelbrock Performer 400 intake manifold and a matching 4 bbl carb and leave it at this.
                              Period-correct EFI would be an interesting concept fuel economy wise but I fear that'd blow the budget as much as or more than heads would.
                              A manifold and carb will be more than a pleasant upgrade, I know those 400 motors can be a bit of a dog.
                              Originally posted by MadCat360
                              You've never driven your car hard and you never will. Only a professional racing driver can drive a car hard. Everyone else sucks.

Comment

Does the rear window wind down into the tailgate? If so FG Punch and Judy show at Ringmeet 15!
                                WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Very well done lads, though good Lord that thing is as big as Germany itself...
                                  ??

Comment

I don't see what's the deal with everyone talking about the size of the thing. Germany has thousands of vehicles this size already. They're called Zug

Comment

I'm pretty sure it winds down.
                                      Fuel consumption: https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detai...ht/687230.html
                                      Gallery of the e30 restoration: https://db.tt/hbFq2YSh

www.LPEpower.com
                                      If you want to contribute to the rebuild of the E30, paypal is: nicjasno@gmail.com

Comment

Well not yet. That's one of Lucille's little issues. I looked at it last night, but didn't manage to fix the problem yet.

Comment

But she came out of the factory with that feature?
                                          WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Working...
                                          X