Ownership Verified: '77 Zastava 101 "The Flying Shite"

It needs to be completely stripped, given two racing buckets, a roll cage and a spoiler. :p

:tumbleweed:

Yeah, sadly I don't even find the time to do the little work that's left to get my running car through inspection at the moment...but I'm working on getting a place at a friend's garage which is much closer than my dump so I'd be able to work more frequently on one car at a time...and I'll have to decide on the order to attack them.

It's stored well and it's not forgotten!

:thumbsup:

A list has been made.

"Pointless conversion" - indeed, that conversion would be pointless... :p

Nah, good to see at least the planning of progress. :)

Well, we got it out of the storage area and to a place in the garage where actual work could happen...and it doesn't look too bad after our assessment.

There still won't be rapid progress since we're both not often in the area...but even slow progress is better than none!

Pointless conversion, eh? That thing would certainly turn heads with a screaming 2-stroke or rotary engine...

Great to see it's still on the cards. :)

I think pointless might refer to the distributor :p

Bingo :) I guess it should have been written Points-less conversion or something? I dunno.

Or just 'electronic ignition'. :p

Given the color "The rolling Gallstones"

Some small progress was made, got the car onto a rollable stand, now one person can easily move it in and out of its spot.

So what's the deal with the car anyway? You took it upon yourself to fix it? Bought it from Beni? What is the plan anyway? I'm a bit out of the loop.

edit: nevermind, I scrolled up :mrgreen:

So, task for the day, pull the rear suspension out so the bushings can be replaced - As we were having trouble getting the nut off we pulled the interior plastic off to give us access to cut the nut off. Well, perhaps we shouldn't have:

An old repair has been rusting from behind, so we got stuck in to see what was really going on underneath:

As you can see, an old repair:

This is the right side:

Time for some digging and cutting!

From inside the wheel arch:

After cleaning it up, we applied rust converter:

Then on to work pulling the rear suspension out, the left a-arm came out easily:

The bushings really are toast:

The right wouldn't budge at all, so, time to try something a bit silly:

The inevitable happened:

Even when hitting it with a punch and a hammer it was not moving at all, that was when it was time ran out.

Additionally, we found that the rear shocks are total junk and that means probably the front ones too. Those need to be added to the list too now... Damn old cars!

The rotten wheel housings were a big reason why our 127 was put out to pasture.