• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof Photo Posted A new car, sort of by accident

I "accidentally" traded my Honda
    The toys:

Eunos Roadster and a white Clio.

Welcome to the club but needs moar wagon.
    Last edited by MWF; August 24th, 2014, 5:26 PM.
    WillDAQ: To use the technical terms: "the Mustang is to aerodynamics what horse shit is to fine dining"

Dr Grip: Brilliant!

EyeMWing Because what fun is a silicone dick if you don't try putting it in somebody's backside at least once.

Jay IKEA now ranks up in my awesome list, quite near bacon and blowjobs.

Cowboy I've never gotten so drunk I wanted to rub one out while shoving a fire extinguisher up my ass.

Remind me never to have him round to dinner!

www.mattonmotors.com/ @MattOnMotors

Comment

Welcome to the finalgear bmw club... again
      Fuel consumption: https://www.spritmonitor.de/de/detai...ht/687230.html
      Gallery of the e30 restoration: https://db.tt/hbFq2YSh

www.LPEpower.com
      If you want to contribute to the rebuild of the E30, paypal is: nicjasno@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by MWF View Post
        Welcome to the club but needs moat wagon.
        Originally posted by nicjasno View Post
        Welcome to the finalgear bmw club... again
        Ditto these, !

Rust spots: Is the paint metallic? I can tell from the photos.

( .. and tints outside the window? What's happened there, nasty cheapo after market addons or baby screens or something? )

Comment

I have no idea why there's a strip of tinting tape on the outside bottom of the rear window. It's coming off, that's for sure.

It's metallic, yes. The rust fix should be a relatively easy job, I'll do it before winter.
          The toys:

Comment

Fixing the rust should be, but matching the metallic paint may be tricky.

Comment

That stereo looks so out of place. Can you get an original one?

Comment

At the very least there should be better adapter plates available.

Comment

Wait. .. What? Good change, I guess? I hope it's a good 'un!

Remember that time when I told you to get an E46 in the first place..
                  Last edited by frankiess; August 25th, 2014, 5:46 AM.
                  Originally posted by IceBone
                  Don't worry, frankiess is a life coach, he knows these things.
                  Ladies and gentlemen, we are in a little bit of a predicament
                  http://twobitsofluggage.wordpress.com - Stuck in Barcelona for a while

Comment

Originally posted by frankiess View Post
                    Remember that time when I told you to get an E46 in the first place..
                    Yep, it's taken all these years, but now it's finally starting to grow on me. In addition to the list on the first post, it also needs new brake fluid and new front brakes. I'm trying to get all the liquids, filters and the wheel alignment sorted out before winter.
                    The toys:

Comment

The tape on the outside of the window was indeed there to cover something up: an ugly tinting job. (Sorry for potatocam.)

I'll get that sorted if I feel like it some happy day.

I also did some debadging

No photo of the debadged trunk, because it started raining after I finished washing and waxing the glue off.
                      The toys:

Comment

The tint looks like I did it.

Comment

You'd have done a better job probably.

www.LPEpower.com
                          If you want to contribute to the rebuild of the E30, paypal is: nicjasno@gmail.com

Comment

That's some serious pizzamaker-quality tinting right there!

Easiest way to get rid of it is with hot steam. Like what they remove wallpaper with.

http://www.clasohlson.com/fi/Tapetin...Cotech/40-7022
                            Originally posted by IceBone
                            Don't worry, frankiess is a life coach, he knows these things.
                            Ladies and gentlemen, we are in a little bit of a predicament
                            http://twobitsofluggage.wordpress.com - Stuck in Barcelona for a while

Comment

Thanks, I'll take care of that later on. First on the agenda is taking care of business related to the engine and (front) brakes. I've already got a shopping list ready, just waiting for next month's pay check...
                              The toys:

Comment

...I was too eager to get going with the car, so I got the front brakes, almost all of the filters and some rust repair stuff yesterday. I'm planning on working on it on Saturday.

I made it look better by removing the ugly plate from behind the front license plate. The license plate is dented and worn out, so I'll order a new one soon.

The toys:

Comment

Originally posted by Polkky View Post
                                  Thanks, I'll take care of that later on. First on the agenda is taking care of business related to the engine and (front) brakes. I've already got a shopping list ready, just waiting for next month's pay check...
                                  They'll need a good run in then..
                                  Oversteer scares passengers, understeer scares the driver.

Comment

Oooh, thanks for the tip! Have to get the fluids and alignment done before that also, so I won't have any excuses for crappy lap times.
                                    The toys:

Comment

I spent the weekend working on the car: on Friday I started removing the rust spots from the rear. They're quite OK already with the black rust proof solvent on, but I'll post pictures once I get the color coded paint and clear coat on them next week.

On Saturday I changed the front brake discs, pads and slider pins. They really were up for a change, everything was rusted on! All the screws and bolts needed violence to open and the outer pads were also very stuck. The engine air filter was black and dusty, also needed to be changed. The cabin air filter was OK, but as I already had a new one at hand, I threw it in.

Some before and after shots:

The shocks seemed surprisingly new

And as an added bonus, me and my two childhood friends have fun toys
                                      The toys:

Comment

That filter...

www.LPEpower.com

Comment

Working...
                                        X