Engine: 2.5L Turbo Diesel 5 Cyl

Colour: Oslo Blue

Rims: Stock

Mods: Uhf.

Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Future Mods: Snorkel, Lift, Bull Bar

Pictures:

Good looking vehicle!

How is more reliable than your outgoing Suburban?

Comment

Originally posted by CraigB View Post
      Good looking vehicle!

How is more reliable than your outgoing Suburban?
      Well for one the transmission and shocks arent destroyed.

yet.

Comment

Ah. Well, have fun destroying them!

Comment

>more reliable
          >Land Rover

One day I'll join the club and deny reality with you.

Originally posted by CraigB View Post
          Ah. Well, have fun destroying them!
          X2!

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
          Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
          Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
          Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Hmmm. That looks really nice, maybe I should look at Discos What could possibly go wrong?
            Last edited by CrzRsn; November 22nd, 2014, 2:40 PM.

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
            2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
            2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
            1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
            1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

I know a few people now who were once hardcore Holden owners and have since sworn off them for life

Honestly diesel Discos don't have a lot of problems out of the ordinary. It probably will be more reliable or at least easier to keep going than a huge American yank tank that only exists in minuscule numbers. Plus the fuel savings alone will allow for many reapirs!

Comment

Woo, another Disco joins the collective family.

Looks really good, I have to keep stopping myself from buying one because I know I'd just get carried away and drown the electrics. Now join us in putting our fingers in our ears and ignoring any problems, along with ignoring (read: paying close attention to) the rear end of the chassis.

Comment

Well took the disco to Sofala out near bathurst for a Camping trip with the boys.

Didn't really do any 4x4ing but we tested out the hill decent and followed up the fairly dry river for a bit.

I am enjoying the fuel economy. Seems to be sitting at about 10l/100km which is half the Suburban on a good day.

Comment

Approves
                    ??

Comment

Is that the year with the center diff lock?
                      bogative ?

"Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy." - Colin Chapman
                      "If you think about it breast implants aren't much different than braces. Their main purpose is to improve one's appearance, at least that's how it was in my case." - KaJun
                      "So the [suspension's] spring seats fail every 2 years, so what? They cost less than $250 to fix. And if a person can't afford that every two years, than maybe he shouldn't own a car at all." - _HighVoltage_ on Volvos.

Comment

Fitted up a light mount bar to the roof. Going to have a 28'' LED lightbar in the middle.

Comment

Don't you miss the size the Suburban gave you? In the comparison picture the Landy really is a lot smaller.

Viva la Targa!

"Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
                          "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
                          "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

Comment

They both have positives and Negatives.

The suburban was more comfortable and nicer on the highway but was expensive to run and maintain. (Petrol, insurance and registration was killer)

Landy is easier to find a parking spot and I am already loving the diesel engine. Landy also far superior off road

Comment

Originally posted by TroyWK View Post
                              (Petrol, insurance and registration was killer)
                              How does insurance and registration work there? Here it'd be dirt cheap for an old truck like that.
                              My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                              There is no replacement for displacement.
                              - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                              ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                              - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Originally posted by Viper007Bond View Post
                                How does insurance and registration work there? Here it'd be dirt cheap for an old truck like that.
                                Rego costs based on weight.

Insurance has many factors

But Suburban was like 800 a year for rego and about 2500 for comprehensive insurance, In my state you must have a compulsory third party insurance which is about another 700 also.

Comment

Progress:

Lights are done (yay) Had an issue with the lightbar causing horrific wind noise (imagine a supercharged kettle next to your ear) which i was able to fix by making a wind deflector that fits under it, now quiet as factory.

Snorkel has arrived and getting installed next week.

Also gave the Diffs,gearbox and transfer case a service.

Comment

Got myself a snorkel. Mainly just for peace of mind hitting deep puddles rather than crossing big rivers.

Comment

Yeah it's best to have one, otherwise who knows what could happen around water.

I saw it mentioned further up, does yours have the centre diff lock? I'm assuming not as it's pre-facelift, I would be able to tell from the interior shot if your name sticker wasn't in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt2000 View Post
                                        Yeah it's best to have one, otherwise who knows what could happen around water.

I saw it mentioned further up, does yours have the centre diff lock? I'm assuming not as it's pre-facelift, I would be able to tell from the interior shot if your name sticker wasn't in the way.
                                        No mine has the elctronics stuff, apparently it still has diff lock capable just needs a little bit done to get it working.

Edit: which I have just decided to do, Going to order the Diff lock linkage for it.
                                        Last edited by TroyWK; January 19th, 2015, 8:03 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X