Ownership Verified: rickhamilton620's sorta big red box! - 1995 Jeep Cherokee Sport

So, has this car now vaulted to the top of Top Gayer's gay cars? :p

All kidding aside... Congratulations, Rick! You finally got a *good* car. I liked the Accord myself, but I neglected to remember it had the failmatic. THIS thing should take good care of you as long as you look after it.

BUT....
The interior materials are pretty good. The doors and upper dash are padded.
No, Rick. Just no. They're awful. That's not a criticism. This car interior isn't meant to be luggzurious... but don't call it pretty good!

This isn't shit enough, give it back and buy something awful. You're killing a FG tradition! :p

This isn't shit enough, give it back and buy something awful. You're killing a FG tradition! :p
As long as you have the doloshites, I think you're more than meeting the FG quota :p

No, Rick. Just no. They're awful. That's not a criticism. This car interior isn't meant to be luggzurious... but don't call it pretty good!

Yup. AMC/Jeep's interior materials were never more than 'meh' at best in the XJ. See, this is where you need to start recalibrating your scales, rick.

- - - Updated - - -

We decided to give the tradition to you to carry on, since you not only bought one enormous pile of crap, you then willingly went out and bought another of the exact same thing! :p

Last edited:
Here we go, Rick's favorite motoring show reviews the most luxurious version of his Jeep. Please note the 'luxury' interior variant...

...which isn't very luxurious after all. :p

Last edited:
You have got to get a real shifter knob :lol:

Otherwise, top marks! I really like the XJ.

Congrats on purchasing a cool red boxy thing. Hopefully it gives you less trouble than the Accord :)

Re: Headliner
Since somebody said it looks like being built out of Lego bricks, why not stick to the theme?

Re: Headliner
Since somebody said it looks like being built out of Lego bricks, why not stick to the theme?

Yes yes all the yes! Its not wide enough to span the whole headliner though :( I was thinking maybe this, but its also too narrow.

We decided to give the tradition to you to carry on, since you not only bought one enormous pile of crap, you then willingly went out and bought another of the exact same thing! :p

Indeed. Now Rick has a proper car and that girl with the Pontiac Sunfire decided to do one the Cap is now officially the owner/driver of the two worst cars on FG.

:may: Probably.

(Actually I am sure there are worse ones. The Defeat Bagoshites at least have character, even if that character is a bloody awful one).

I'm tempted to nominate my 405 the blizzard, or blaro's miata. still plenty of options around

Also: Congrats, Rick!

4.0L, 5 speed, 4WD, 120k miles...... I'm not sure there exist very many better Cherokees out there. I have two cousins who swear by these things and will own nothing else, apparently there is a lot to like :D

I'd also be curious to hear how it drives unmolested, I've never been in an older Jeep that wasn't ruined by a lift kit and large tires (yes that's you, CrzRsn :p)

I'd also be curious to hear how it drives unmolested, I've never been in an older Jeep that wasn't ruined by a lift kit and large tires (yes that's you, CrzRsn :p)

Oh common! You loved it! You're just scared to admit it!

What makes it a 'sport'?

From wiki

Base - 1984?1992 / SE - 1993-2001 included: vinyl or cloth upholstery, full-faced steel wheels, and AM radio with two speakers.
Wagoneer - 1984?1990 included: ribbed cloth upholstery with leather trim, faux maple-wood interior accents with wood laminate exterior decals, alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and four speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry for 1990 model year, overhead console for 1990 model year, dual power seats, and air conditioning.
Briarwood - 1991?1992 (succeeded Wagoneer) included: leather-and-vinyl upholstery, faux maple-wood interior accents with wood laminate exterior decals, lace-spoke wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and six Jensen AccuSound speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry, overhead console, dual power seats, and an air conditioner.
Pioneer - 1984?1990 included: cloth plaid-pattern upholstery, steel wheels and AM radio with two speakers.
Pioneer Olympic Edition - 1988 included: cloth upholstery, AM/FM radio with two speakers, and an air conditioner.
Chief - 1984?1990 included: cloth plaid-pattern upholstery, and AM/FM radio with two speakers.
Sport - 1988?2001 included: cloth-and-vinyl upholstery, AM/FM radio with four speakers, full-faced steel or optional alloy wheels, optional infrared (single-button) (1988-1996) or radio frequency (dual-button) (1997-2001) keyless entry (if equipped with power locks), and an air conditioner.
Country - 1993?1997 included: two-tone paint similar to "Laredo" with upgraded color-keyed pinstripe and the option for "champagne" gold along with silver as accent options, the replacement of several interior, formerly chrome accents with flat black (Base and Sport models, as well, starting in 1993 model year), cloth-and-vinyl ("luggage fabric") upholstery with the option for leather (excluding 1993 model year), faux mahogany-wood interior accents, lace-spoke wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and four speakers with the option for six Jensen AccuSound speakers, optional overhead console (excluding 1993 model year), infrared (dual-button) (1993-1996) or radio frequency (dual-button) (1997) remote keyless entry (if equipped with power locks), optional dual power seats, and an air conditioner.
Classic - 1996, 1998?2001 included: monotone paint color, cloth upholstery, alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and four speakers, infrared (dual-button) remote keyless entry, overhead console, and an air conditioner.
Limited - 1987-1992, 1998?2001 included: monotone paint, leather-and-vinyl upholstery, color-keyed lace-spoke wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette player and six Jensen AccuSound speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry, overhead console, dual power seats, and an air conditioner.
Laredo - 1985?1992 included: chrome accenting, cloth plaid-pattern (1985-1987) or "luggage fabric" (1988-1992) upholstery with the option of "Briarwood" style leather-and-vinyl seats for the 1992 model year only, five-spoke alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with four speakers and the option for six Jensen AccuSound speakers, infrared (single-button) remote keyless entry (if equipped with power locks) optional overhead console, optional dual power seats, and an air conditioner.
60th Anniversary - 2001 included: special badges, special floor mats, monotone paint color, 16" alloy wheels, AM/FM radio with cassette, radio frequency remote keyless entry and an air conditioner. Based on the Sport trim level.