Ownership Verified: My Little Pony

2012 GTs *do* have skip shift. When activateed, the transmission will lock out 2nd and you'll slide to 4th. It's there courtesy of the EPA and the ecomentalists; very specifically, the Obama Administration's rabid increase in the CAFE quota; GM had to implement this earlier as CAGS on F-bodies and Corvettes as their engines were less efficient, but Ford didn't have to until very recently. Ford had to do this to get their EPA test numbers up under the new regime.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?? A manual tranny that FORCE to shortshift?

I'd paid triple price of Mustang to have the guy who designed this at the full night of cancelled orgasms.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA?? A manual tranny that FORCE to shortshift?

I'd paid triple price of Mustang to have the guy who designed this at the full night of cancelled orgasms.

At least the Ford one costs $0 to disable, GM's CAGS requires you to make or buy an inexpensive defeat device for the current and recent versions. This after government and ecomentalist pressure was brought to bear after the first version, introduced in the 1980s C4 Corvette, shipped. Someone noticed that the owner's manual had a photograph of the one wire that lead to the computer along with a 'warning' that disconnecting this one easily accessed wire would disable the skip-shift function. The eco-nazis were not amused.

At least the Ford one costs $0 to disable, GM's CAGS requires you to make or buy an inexpensive defeat device for the current and recent versions. This after government and ecomentalist pressure was brought to bear after the first version, introduced in the 1980s C4 Corvette, shipped. Someone noticed that the owner's manual had a photograph of the one wire that lead to the computer along with a 'warning' that disconnecting this one easily accessed wire would disable the skip-shift function. The eco-nazis were not amused.

Fuck eco-nazis, I am likely going to do a Ford Racing tune on the car, along with some other niceties it will kill the skip shift. Though I kind of being able to shift around it w/o much trouble today, trick is either rev higher than you normally would or go 1>2 right away as the car starts moving. The latter is more or less how I normally drive in city traffic anyway, there is more than enough low end in this car for it to not matter whether I'm in 1st or 2nd and no one is going fast enough to matter.

One little niggle (other than skip shift crap) that I have is no telescoping steering wheel, I would really like to be able to move it about 1" closer to myself.

What are you talking about? You can clearly see reflections in the paint, if it were scratched up at all, the reflections would not be clear. Nice find.

Thanks! What I mean is that the paint has a lot of metal flakes that look amazing in the sun, it almost glows from the inside but it's hard to get it to show up in pictures. It is the cleanest car I have ever owned, even including my Audi after a detail. I need to see if I can clear bra the front and rear bumpers because rocks, rocks everywhere

First minor modification, different shift knob actually makes it much better to shift as I think the stock one had too much give in it. One major drawback is that being aluminum it really sux in the winter because of how cold it gets.

I think you need to polish that knob and make it shine... wait what? :tease:

That's a really good looking knob, sir. And it fits the interior just perfectly.

BTW I know your pain - I had a round knob with alu insert in my old Alfa. If you think the cold days are bad, wait for the hot ones...

That's a really good looking knob, sir. And it fits the interior just perfectly.

BTW I know your pain - I had a round knob with alu insert in my old Alfa. If you think the cold days are bad, wait for the hot ones...

Thanks :) I got the windshield cover back when I had the Z for that very reason, the Alu insert would get searing hot w/o it.

Yeah, I have to be careful how I park my car in the summer here. I'm honestly surprised I don't have a 6 speed gate pattern burned permanently into my palm.

But anyway, you do have yourself a good looking knob there sir. /nohomo

Yeah, I have to be careful how I park my car in the summer here. I'm honestly surprised I don't have a 6 speed gate pattern burned permanently into my palm.

But anyway, you do have yourself a good looking knob there sir. /nohomo

Lol, thanks man :)

Look what showed up on my doorstep today, no more skip shift and I now have a whole 428hp! (up from 412) and 7 more torques!

Oh my!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"182","width":"265","src":"https:\/\/anythinghorror.files.wordpress.com\/2015\/01\/takei-oh-my.jpg"}[/IMG2]