Ownership Verified: Porsche Cayman GTS 2016

edkwon

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2020 Kia Telluride, Tesla Model Y
To celebrate getting a new job & better I decided to treat myself by returning the Fiat 500e and get a different kind of white 2 door hatchback:

2016 Cayman GTS 6 spd in Carrara White metallic. Took about 2 months of hunting and I found one in dealership in another state and had it shipped here.

27113185120_83b802c480_c.jpg

27113187430_3f27b8a3e8_c.jpg

27388794605_3837448f28_c.jpg

27113176280_9330860a23_c.jpg

Mazel tov on the upgrade, the new job, and the beautiful Porsche. I am quite jealous!

Why not a GT4? :p

Awesome choice! I feel envious of anyone that can pick up one these glorious NA Flat-6 Porches while it's still possible.

Welcome, brother :evil:

Why not a GT4?

Awesome choice! I feel envious of anyone that can pick up one these glorious NA Flat-6 Porches while it's still possible.
lol i thought about a GT4 but decided not to for the obvious reasons that don't need explaining.

Yes I was pretty adamant abour getting one of the last NA flat 6, manual 6 spd mid engine Porsches before they're gone.

The new 718 Caymans are nice and more powerful, but I want to grab the last of this era.

In case anyone asks 'y u not 911' i test drove a couple manual Carrera S, it felt too big & heavy for what I wanted. I don't need a quieter comfortable long range GT car, that's what the Audi is for.

Congratz! What kind of job did you get? :)

Also, you need to update your sidebar "Car(s)" :p

and get a different kind of white 2 door hatchback:

On those pictures it doesn't look white at all. I would choose the Boxster, but this one is probably even better...

Nice one! If it weren't for the wrong roof material, that would be pretty much my dream car.

Nice one! If it weren't for the wrong roof material, that would be pretty much my dream car.
I know what you mean, I personally don't care for the Alcantara roof liner material either. (that's a joke, I know what you actually mean).

I bet your dream car is the 981 Boxster Spyder, and with that GT4 engine but without the GT4 price I can totally see why. My dealership actually had one for sale and willing to sell at same price I paid for my less powerful Cayman, but honestly, I'm a hardtop person and prefer driving fast with a solid shell over my head.

Last edited:
Cayman, white, manual, flat-6...the only thing missing is my name on the title.

:thumbsup:
Congrats!

Awesome purchase, congrats! White suits it well.

few more shots

27317391151_61fabd589b_b.jpg

27113186280_5c42c07c5d_b.jpg

27113167890_220d6bfcd2_b.jpg

27113180540_de98bc655b_b.jpg

Current garage where it stands, still have the Audi.

27388452825_b7b0c6bc0c_b.jpg

Last edited:
On those pictures it doesn't look white at all. I would choose the Boxster, but this one is probably even better...

I didn't think so at first, thinking it was more like Skoda's Meteor Grey but the more you look at it the more it's clearly white.

Regardless, I think it looks great. I'd be happy to have one of these over a 911.

Congrats. Barring the colour this is the Porsche I would go for given the means. I would take it over a 911 even if money wasn't an object.

I didn't think so at first, thinking it was more like Skoda's Meteor Grey but the more you look at it the more it's clearly white.

Regardless, I think it looks great. I'd be happy to have one of these over a 911.
Thanks, and I did exactly what you said. I test drove a couple manual 991.1 911s (similar price range) and I simply liked the feel and fit of driving the Cayman much more.

Plus I found the 991's 7 spd manual kinda odd. Not a deal breaker, but it didn't help.

Thanks, and I did exactly what you said. I test drove a couple manual 991.1 911s (similar price range) and I simply liked the feel and fit of driving the Cayman much more.

Plus I found the 991's 7 spd manual kinda odd. Not a deal breaker, but it didn't help.

I've been reading it for years: the Cayman is the sportscar, the 911 became a sporty GT.
Also mid engine > rear engine :p :lol:

Congrats!