Ownership Verified: Porsche Cayman GTS 2016

That's cool, but when I either: return the lease or buy out the lease and sell the car myself, I'd have to then repaint those centercaps AGAIN back to glossy black when I put the stock rims back on. Or pay $$$ for another set of matching OEM Porsche center caps. Sorry I don't see the logic in it.

Plus I don't believe in putting OEM center caps onto 3rd party wheels, especially when its clear the HREs are not a replica of an OEM Porsche wheel design. The HRE logos are quite nice in themselves. That need to have the Porsche logos back on the wheels is probably a thing for some people, note me.

No worries, when you explained to CrzRsn that you hadn't done the caps because "it would look weird" I just assumed that was your objection and not those other reasons you didn't mention. I was just trying to be helpful. Don't really care.

Last edited:
No worries, when you explained to CrzRsn that you hadn't done the caps because "it would look weird" I just assumed that was your objection and not those other reasons you didn't mention. I was just trying to be helpful. Don't really care.
No, i tried to keep it brief and simple and because its a pain to write long walls of txt on a phone forum app.

Look what you forced me to do jk

View from the cockpit while freeway cruising

28121138865_1df9658133_c.jpg

For some reason I'll reckon it will be a tough thing for you to just let the lease end and not buy it ... ;)

For some reason I'll reckon it will be a tough thing for you to just let the lease end and not buy it ... ;)
Yeah I'll most likely buy it at the end of the lease unless something more irresistible comes along at a price I cannot pass up.

But the real question is, do I sell it right away and make some money back or hold onto it for a long long time, only time will tell and life situation/garage space. Will probably live together w GF in next few years and start a family.

I attended the Porsche Concourse show in Santa Monica today, made friends with a blue GT4 owner who let me sit in his car and CF buckets, very comfy for me, but a bit of an art getting in and out of without damaging the leather bolsters.

27612987123_a85e8bb291_c.jpg

Dealer markup aside, roads in LA are too inconsistent and nasty, I would not want to roll around in GT4 suspension all day. I thought my car was low, but parked next to a couple other GT4s, they really ride low:

(mine on the left)

27947829500_b0aced8873_c.jpg

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

That blue <3

More random photos from the Porsche Concours show last weekend

28124588132_1e17743732_c.jpg

28124582352_9e0e39fd1a_c.jpg

27947826500_37e639a473_c.jpg

28124584872_3d3aae63e6_c.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

28124580772_3ff1e6030c_c.jpg

28124575342_3b33873fc1_c.jpg

28228596865_7b9770d9c0_c.jpg

28228591725_b5511c2845_c.jpg

Carrera GT :woot: <3

OH MY GOD YOU'RE LUCKY TO GET OUT ALIVE!

I mean, goodness. That Carerra GT... it didn't jump out of it's parking space and kill you?

(Beautiful shots, by the way)

OH MY GOD YOU'RE LUCKY TO GET OUT ALIVE!

I mean, goodness. That Carerra GT... it didn't jump out of it's parking space and kill you?

(Beautiful shots, by the way)
Well as long as you're not sitting IN the car you're safe.

In all seriousness every time I see a CGT now, I don't marvel at an amazing machine, I just feel sad and think of it as a Paul Walker murder machine.

View from the cockpit while freeway cruising

28121138865_1df9658133_c.jpg

Hmm, for some reason I expected taller gearing for 6th gear, but I guess I'm just so used to mine (I'd be doing like 1200 RPM at that speed).

Hmm, for some reason I expected taller gearing for 6th gear, but I guess I'm just so used to mine (I'd be doing like 1200 RPM at that speed).

Yeah I agree. Porsche could have made that 6th gear a bit taller for better freeway cruising RPMs. Really see no benefit from a performance standpoint.

Just as a point of comparison, 65mph in sixth gear translates to 2546rpm in my old Carrera S and 2,662rpm in my GT3. So Porsche seem to take the same approach across the board and it's not a Cayman/Boxster-specific choice. 2994 in Equi's Miata. :)

In other news, I'm a dork and I love spreadsheets.

Last edited:

Am I the only one who really doesn't like the 996 front ends? Namely both headlight cluster design variants.

Much like every time someone posts a local gas price and everyone chimes in with their own, it seems that this phenomena also happens when someone starts talking about engine/road speed :lol:. At 64mph, my Mustang sits at just under 1,600rpm in 6th.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who really doesn't like the 996 front ends? Namely both headlight cluster design variants.

You're not the only one, but people like you get less and less common :p because people have now realised it's still a 911 and worth more than they just were ...

People always moan about Porsche not changing, but when they do, they still don't like it. :lol: (Nothing against you)

Much like every time someone posts a local gas price and everyone chimes in with their own, it seems that this phenomena also happens when someone starts talking about engine/road speed :lol:. At 64mph, my Mustang sits at just under 1,600rpm in 6th.

At 64mph, my car sits at about 3,000rpm. :lol:
But then again, I have half the cylinders and about a third of the displacement.

You're in the majority opinion on that one. The 996 porsches are generally considered the least attractive and a low point in exterior design styling and also marked a point where Porsche was doing a lot of cost cutting. This was before all the Cayenne money started rolling in leading to much improved cars later on.

Because the 996 cars are so much less desirable (also because of switch to water cooled engines) they have been hardest bu depreciation and are thus the best bargains for used modern 911.

I took that photo specifically to remind ppl the original 996 shared the same headlamps as the Boxster