Ownership Verified: My slow project: 1975 W115 220 D

I would so have left the interior as is if it had Avantgarde fabrics.

Great buy! The interior isn't as bad as I imagined.

When you mentioned bus fabrics I expected something more Avantgarde. :p

Wow. That is absolutely fantastic in a terrible sort of way.

Why am I having an urge to have those fabric in my life? :hmm:

The Rossos are somewhat widely available from Europe, with prices at the 3-4k level which is certainly not bad for a tidy special edition 190E. They do only have the 1.8 engine. Azzurros can cost triple the money in similar condition due to having the more impressive 136hp 2.3 engine and leather.

Got the interior, installed seats and one door board before daylight run out:

Looks about 100% better. This is a terrific car! :thumbsup:

Thanks all. I just noticed from these pics that I managed to forget to install the chrome strip on the arm rest... Grr... Luckily just couple screws need to be undone. Annoyingly weather went to -20?C and apparently stays there for a while, so this wont progress anytime soon, as I don't have a warm garage to do stuff.

The MB Tex (fancy term for fake leather) seems to be pretty everlasting as a material. They hardly show any signs of wear (excepts the obvious stabbed rear seat), while the donor car seems to have rusted away around them... The seat rails on passenger seat had still some parts of the floor left from the donor. :lol:

Also good thing that I had to remove the rear seat, as the old back seat was attached with absolutely nothing. They bolt from the trunk, and apparently the previous owner didn't care enough to bolt them... So in hard braking the backrest could have dropped out of its place. But the new one is bolted now. Tested the dead body transporting abilities while bolting it up, and the car passed perfectly. Even I fit in fine to the trunk, and could even fitted another person in there easily. Good thing to know if needed at some point.

If you ever decide to murder your family, this is the car that can transport them to the middle of the dark woods, where you will burry them....

I live in the middle of dark woods.

Yeah, with all the wood paneling even on your phone...

I love that trucker-special ash tray. Is there another one in passenger side rear door?

Yes, they are identical on both sizes. It is amazing how tiny that ash tray is on the inside even though it is huge on the outside...

And it appears that they used the same ashtray design until smoking became uncool around the time the W210 was introduced.

How do these things drive? Like a truck? I always love the look of the w115, hopefully i can own one soon. :) nice car btw