Ownership Verified: Another MB (W210 E 220 CDI)

The garage has to pay for every liter old oil it gives into recycling. Instead of rolling that cost into the price of the new oil (as most garages do) luokyio's garage priced it seperately. And with a good mark-up, I am sure.

Everything in that post.
kbFGFXJ.gif

The recycling places here accept only a given amount of shit freely and then start charging money, IIRC.

The fee isn't very much though (relative to the cost of oil) at $.04/qt, so it's more of a minor irritant to me.
I guess theres 4 quart or so in the Merc. The garage charged 5? incl. 24% VAT. Let's assume they have to pay 10 times as much as you do because Finland, we are at 1,60? the have to pay. Add some mark up, add VAT, voil?, 5 Euro. And they can advertise they charge less per liter than their competitors who roll this into the price of oil :D

Last edited:
Their main business is being a parts store, and the garage part is just a side business. So they must sell the oil at the same price in the garage as in the shop, so that might explain the fee. But cannot be arsed, 5 ? here and there.

Changed winters on. Rims are in quite bad condition, but the tires are almost new so they'll have to do for now.

Seller gave a big bunch of bolts with the car. There were different lenghts, shorter ones for rear as too long bolts would ruin the hand brake. I wanted to make sure they're correct bolts, so while lifted up I started the car, shifted to N, and was really surprised to see the lifted tire start rolling. :eek: Really lightly but still. I could easily stop the tire with hand. Only explanation I could think of is that the transmission fluids were too stiff at -2?C right after startup.

Tiny wheels but they'll have to do, I'll look for replacement when the tires are worn.

23975379228_aaecf5a00e_k.jpg

Unnecessary phone kit antenna removed and replaced with a plastic button. Easier to clean too now.

Front bumper has taken some hit and poor repair at some point, if I stumble across a correct colored better bumper, I'll swap it.

Some annoying rattling has been audible from the beginning, due to worn out rubber mounts on air filter box:

Dealership robbed 7 ?/piece, but looks so much better:

No rattling to be heard anymore :D

Today was the first possible day to get a fresh inspection, so first thing in the morning to the MOT center. I didn't check lights, as the onboard computer tells always if some bulb is blown. Inspector drove in with fog light on. Yes, only one, the other was blown. :bangin: I never use the fog lights so the computer never had possibility to check if it works... The inspector was kind enough not to write it on paper, so fresh sheet valid until 1st of March in 2019. :burnrubber:

Dead pixels brought back to life with a 17? fixkit from pixelfix.net.

7000 km passed with minimal extra repairs outside the last service. Daily driven distance got shortened by 60% so not accumulating quite as much kilometers as originally thought though.