Does your paint need som,e love?

RollerToaster

Car(s)
Scion xb
Well, I just wanted to share this with you guys. I tried EVERYTHING to restore the paint on my VERY abused $800 motorcycle. When I bought the bike, it came in crates, and the paint was TERRIBLY oxidized. I tried rubbing compounds and tons of other solutions, to no avail. The paint always looked like crap, and I just had to live with it.

Then, a friend recommended I try this new Meguiars compound called "ultimate compound".

After my previous experiences with meguiars and turtle wax rubbing compounds having no siginificant effect, I didn't believe him....until I tried it.

Here are the before and afters of my tank with the meguiars ultimate compound. PRIOR to this, I had tried mild and fairly aggressive turtle wax rubbing compounds, and only the most aggressive compound made a VERY minimal difference after 15+ minutes of use.

This Meguiars ultimate compound worked magic on my paint. The after pictures of the tank are directly after using the ultimate compound. No polishing compound or wax. It literally looked and felt like glass!

After trying turtle was rubbing compounds by hand (which made literally no difference):

And THEN!!!

(You can see that the paint is still scratched, but all of the oxitation and yellowing of the clearcoat is GONE! This was after about 5 minutes of work on the gas tank. Afterwards, I went over the whole bike. The paint LITERALLY looked brand new, minus scratches. It was deeper and richer that it had EVER looked.)

Best $10 USD I have ever spent.

Its definitely worth a shot!

Just a note, ALL of this was done by hand, so no bias by trying the turtle wax rubbing compound by hand, and then using a wheel for the meguiars. All done by hand.

The hardest thing to try to explain is the texture of it after I was done. Before it actually had a texture, you could feel the roughness/nastiness (yes, I did claybar before doing any of this) in the clearcoat. After using this, my hand literally slipped off the tank when I ran my hand across it!

Last edited:
My paint does need some love.

10756d1379973036-dsc_0135_p_s.jpg

Er... Umm... I think I'll just skip to yacht varnish...

Dude, that paint doesn't just need love.

I'd go as far as to say it's probably beyond bukkake!