Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

Since we were kinda clogging up the Random Thoughts thread, let's put any oddities, project car hell or even Mustangs here...

Here's what started it:

Originally posted by CraigB View Post
    Sold the SVO today and the Cobra left Saturday. Yes folks, CraigB is without a Mustang or even a project car.

As much as I'd like another Mustang, preferably a running one this time, I think it's time for something a bit different.

I've been looking at wagons and can't find anything on Craigslist within 500 miles that tickles my fancy. I've also been looking at Infiniti M45s (03-04) and Q45s. Though buying one might be a little ways off.

People of Final Gear suggest to me a car to buy. Please, no Miatas, I'm too big for those things.
    So. What do you got?

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/cto/5758705186.html

Comment

We could use that at the track instead of the new concession we are planning on building...

Comment

Heres what could be the start to a fun project.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5732943524.html

•1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
        •2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
        •2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
        •1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
        •1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

I don't think it's ready.
          1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
          2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
          1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
          2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
          2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
            Heres what could be the start to a fun project.

http://denver.craigslist.org/cto/5732943524.html
            To paraphrase George Carlin: A Saab? Why would I buy a Swedish piece of crap like that?

Actually like a fun project. I'm afraid of rust though being Colorado cars.

Comment

To paraphrase George Carlin: A Saab? Why would I buy a Swedish piece of crap like that?

Actually like a fun project. I'm afraid of rust though being Colorado cars.
              I've heard that Colorado is actually a good place to buy sports cars from. Namely because it snows SO MUCH that pretty much all sports cars are stored for the winter. For instance, my Miata is a Colorado car and while it has 99 problems, rust ain't one.
              Last edited by CrzRsn; September 9th, 2016, 5:43 PM.

Comment

I'll certainly keep them in mind, but I'm going to look at another rusty Swedish piece of crap on Monday. Not taking the trailer though, that way I'm not tempted to drag it home.

Comment

You don't need this, but you will want it.

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/5773308136.html
                  "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
                    You don't need this, but you will want it.

http://flint.craigslist.org/cto/5773308136.html
                    I just want to start singing the Beverly Hillbillies theme song... "So the loaded up the truck and moved to Beverly... Hills that is!"

Comment

Yup. That was my impression too.
                      "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

Comment

http://evansville.craigslist.org/cto/5749872903.html

Comment

Why did the Edsel get such a bad rap?

Comment

Vagina grille.

That Lincoln probably wouldn't be bad in black or silver. The faded pink just looks gross.

Comment

I only see one issue with all the suggestions, 2 wheels too many
                              - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Originally posted by RdKetchup View Post
                                I only see one issue with all the suggestions, 2 wheels too many
                                You know that I am not allowed to have a motorcycle. My wife puts up with a lot of my crap and motorcycles is where she draws the line. Eventually I'll wear her down on that though and get that adventure bike.

Comment

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/cto/5709987532.html

Comment

That's a very neat idea. You don't see the Ford V-10 swapped into a whole lot. Only thing I've seen that was fast was a Grand Marquis. At first it was nitrous, but went turbo sometime later.

Comment

You know that I am not allowed to have a motorcycle. My wife puts up with a lot of my crap and motorcycles is where she draws the line. Eventually I'll wear her down on that though and get that adventure bike.
                                      I know, just yanking your chain
                                      - Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Originally posted by CrzRsn View Post
                                        I've heard that Colorado is actually a good place to buy sports cars from. Namely because it snows SO MUCH that pretty much all sports cars are stored for the winter. For instance, my Miata is a Colorado car and while it has 99 problems, rust ain't one.
                                        Colorado has very low humidity and they don't use salt in the winter. Rust is not a serious issue.

But Saab 900 OG seem to rust no matter where they are.
                                        "It's the difference between watching great sex and having good sex." - Labcoatguy on the difference between an automatic and a manual gearbox.

Comment

Working...
                                        X