Craig(B)'s List - Oddities and Weird Stuff

:lmao: Oh, that was harsh!

I'm not a fan of the "Hey, let's take a new car (though that kit needs a now 20-year old car) and make it look old!" kit car.

There's a company not far from me that takes new Mustangs and puts 1968 Shelby front and rears on them. Click on the link if you dare (No, really, went to their website twice and both times it's locked up Firefox): www.retrobuilt.com

Last edited:
CraigB;n3555031 said:
There's a company not far from me that takes new Mustangs and puts 1968 Shelby front and rears on them. Click on the link if you dare (No, really, went to their website twice and both times it's locked up Firefox): www.retrobuilt.com

That's actually not that bad. Not something I'd buy, but it's way better than those retro Corvette kits.

I am not a huge fan either. They tend to look like somebody started to draw on ice and it started to melt before they could finish. But those Mustangs look pretty good, but damn are they expensive!

GRtak;n3555210 said:

Love me some Saabaru. Kind of an odd one in yellow, but still cool.

GRtak;n3555210 said:

I soooo want to build one of these. I have Mustang donor currently. :D That one extra cool using all Jag drivetrain.

GRtak;n3555257 said:

That's really cool, except for one thing. It doesn't appear to have a single matching wheel. Weld Pro-Star on driver's front, standard steelie on driver's rear, Weld Draglite on passenger's front and a D-hole steelie on the passenger rear. WTF is with that?

GRtak;n3555257 said:

Something on the order of 15 years ago, my friend Bob built a Maverick like this as a street/strip car. He completely gutted it and had a friend who built roundy-round cars construct an 8+-point cage for it. Two old-style fiberglass bucket seats comprised the interior. Then he did a Mustang (II ?) steering swap with (as I remember) Fairmont (?) brakes. The drivetrain consisted of a punched-out 428 block and a stroker crank backed by a C6. An older, decommissioned drag car donated a narrowed 9-inch Ford rear axle. This was all done with swap-meet parts for under $4k. That was one scary-fast Maverick!

Mavericks are cool, but here there's nothing that's either cheap or useable. If they are useable (not a rusty hulk or trashed beyond recognition) they aren't cheap. If they are cheap, there's not a whole lot left to work with.

CraigB;n3555269 said:
GRtak;n3555210 said:
https://flint.craigslist.org/cto/d/2005-saab-aero-9-2x/6756729695.html[?/QUOTE]

Love me some Saabaru. Kind of an odd one in yellow, but still cool.

That is plastidip. It is silver underneath.

I soooo want to build one of these. I have Mustang donor currently. :D That one extra cool using all Jag drivetrain.

The Jag bits are what caught my attention.

That's really cool, except for one thing. It doesn't appear to have a single matching wheel. Weld Pro-Star on driver's front, standard steelie on driver's rear, Weld Draglite on passenger's front and a D-hole steelie on the passenger rear. WTF is with that?

If it had matching wheels and tires, he would want another $3,000! :lol:

CraigB;n3555269 said:

I guess he couldn't make up his mind.

TC;n3555299 said:

Love that Dart! 4-doors don't get enough respect.

My neighbor has a 2-door Ranch Wagon. It's unfortunately too far gone to save. Last I saw it (10+ years) it was rocker deep in mud and a large tree was growing in the engine bay.

The 1966 is already gone it seems.

I like the 1935, but it looks weird without fenders to me...

GRtak;n3555304 said:

The 1960 is just plain ugly. Maybe cleaned up with fresh paint (lighter color?) it wouldn't be that bad.

Lincoln is gone.

GRtak;n3555354 said:
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/602198783543090

A British built car with a Volvo engine... What could go wrong?

Simultaneously everything, I'm sure... :lol:

GRtak;n3555355 said:

Seems they made a number of different variations of the Volare. First time I've seen this one though.