Renault 5 Turbo 2...in the US

wooflepoof

WoofleDay
Car(s)
Genesis Sedan 3.8
http://img397.imageshack.**/img397/1362/att00002se1.jpg

You don't see many of these bad boys in the US. It looks like the owner isn't really taking care of it i. Its full of construction tools and paint and just looks like an old beater. If I see it again i may ask if the guy is willing to sell it. What do you think? worth it?

Originally I said I don't think he knows what it is but I just noticed the license plat says Reno52

:eek: poor thing, Yes if you see him atleast tell him to look after it better, there won't be cars like that again for a while.

Plus its gotta be VERY rare in the USA

You'll have a hard time finding parts for it in the US, probably. Unless you use eBay of course :p

I remember seeing a few low mileage models selling for ~$15000 a few years ago online.
If the car has a bunch of crap in it, it is probably his daily driver. And if the guy is using a Renault 5 Turbo as a daily driver, I doubt he would be willing to sell it.

Someone must save it, and quick.

Always hated the 5 but it's getting rare. Looks like he's cleaning it at least, or maybe those Renault wipers just have a mind of their own...

Looks like he's cleaning it at least, or maybe those Renault wipers just have a mind of their own...

It's to avoid them freezing to the windshield. ;)

:|

Fair enough. Never heard of anyone doing that in this country tbh.
Probably doesn't get ass rape cold there all the time like it does in that part of the US.

:eek: poor thing, Yes if you see him at least tell him to look after it better, there won't be cars like that again for a while.

Plus its gotta be VERY rare in the USA

Only 30 were ever imported before Renault forced the company doing it to shut down.

Even in France I believe parts for this car are hard to find, so in the US... :-D

Literally impossible. Renault refused to support the car in the US, apparently going to so far as to refuse parts to the cars with the vin numbers they know were shipped here and converted.

Obviously these cars weren't sold here by Renault.

Shame to see it in such bad shape.

What a car though! Great spot.

Kick him in the head and tell him to look after it better.

Wow, so rare. See if he wants to sell it!

Since I am buying a car right now and looking at various insurance companies, I made an experiment and none of them offers insurance for a Renault 5 Turbo. They only offer for the regular Renault Le Car.

Since I am buying a car right now and looking at various insurance companies, I made an experiment and none of them offers insurance for a Renault 5 Turbo. They only offer for the regular Renault Le Car.

Maybe you can say to them that it is a bodykit on a LeCar :-D

http://img397.imageshack.**/img397/1362/att00002se1.jpg
[...]Its full of construction tools and paint and just looks like an old beater. If I see it again i may ask if the guy is willing to sell it. What do you think? worth it?
Oh I love the R5 T2 ... it?s so insane ... but this looks like quite a lot of work ... I mean, if I had the money and enough spare time ... put a small-block V8 into that ... :blink:
Originally I said I don't think he knows what it is but I just noticed the license plat says Reno52
... I think if you have a hatchback with an (turbo)engine behind your seats, you probably know it?s somehow special ... and the moment you dumb the throttle and get to 60 in under 7 seconds ... you?ll probably realise other folks might pay shitloads of money for it ... what I?m saying is ... he/she must be aware what monster this is ...

At the VERY least if I see it again i wanna wait for him to come out sos I could try to engage in a conversation about it...does that make me crazy?