There really IS one of everything in Dallas

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/977224403.html

And the Alfa:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/977856508.html

Looks like the guy also has a 1993 Alfa 155 Turbodiesel:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/977845772.html

And his website shows a bunch of other cars:

http://www.gratishosting.net/users/hvrijssel/index1.htm
    Last edited by Spectre; January 3rd, 2009, 11:55 PM.

All those are pretty rare in europe (apart from maybe the volvo), and they were sold here!
    Currently Drive - 205 GTI
    Currently Want - 1967 Mustang GT500 (Eleanor!)

Comment

Has the CX landed its rear on the stone?

Comment

Neat find. They seem a bit proud of those cars though...

Comment

Holy crap, that 'lil Volvo is sexy! I've never thought that about a Volvo before - besides some of the really old ones.

As far as I know, we never got any of those down here either. But it doesn't mean that someone somewhere didn't import one, of course.
          Avatar credit: mizhallelujah on tumblr - original image: http://mizhallelujah.tumblr.com/post...agine-that-the

Comment

480 turbo.... even i havent seen many of those for a long time!!!

that big citroen is awesome too.... i think its called the BX over here, or it was when it was built

that 480 tho, probably one of my favourite cars, my mums friend used to have one in black, looked epic. the C30 is supposed to be the reincarnation, but without pop up lights, it isnt
            Transport History:
            96' Ford Ka 1.3
            02' Ford Focus 1.4 CL
            03' Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi + 06' Honda Civic ES 1.8 i-Vtec

Comment

There will be no trouble getting parts for that CX in Dallas then. Shame its not the turbo with the unique Michelin tyres!

[YOUTUBE]RmxlluyIxcI[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by otispunkmeyer View Post
                  that big citroen is awesome too.... i think its called the BX over here, or it was when it was built

that 480 tho, probably one of my favourite cars, my mums friend used to have one in black, looked epic. the C30 is supposed to be the reincarnation, but without pop up lights, it isnt
                  Nah was the CX, the BX is a bit of monstrousity.

Like the 480 myself, so far away from the blandness of the 440,460 (having owned 2 440's).

Comment

That thing kept them in business . ... Just. People were fed up with the quirkyness, high servicing costs and miserable reliability. BX overcame some of those problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobol74 View Post
                      People were fed up with the quirkyness, high servicing costs and miserable reliability. BX overcame some of those problems.
                      Translation: People were fed up with the Frenchness. The BX fixed it by containing less Frenchness.

(I had the misfortune to own a Peugeot 504 - those *were* officially imported to the US, more's the pity..)

Comment

Originally posted by Spectre View Post
                        Translation: People were fed up with the Frenchness. The BX fixed it by containing less Frenchness.

(I had the misfortune to own a Peugeot 504 - those *were* officially imported to the US, more's the pity..)
                        The 504 coupe is a lovely car, sure they are crap, but they look marvellous. And they are pretty much the best drivers cars Peugeot ever made (for the brief period in which the cars actually worked), am I correct?

Comment

Originally posted by zaybxcwd12 View Post
                          Nah was the CX, the BX is a bit of monstrousity.

Like the 480 myself, so far away from the blandness of the 440,460 (having owned 2 440's).

Comment

Does look better in GTi guise, I rememner in the mid nighties or neighbour had a rather nasty red BX, although he was very helpful when I had go to work he didn't giving me a jump start when it was cold. We did have a Montego at the time so it was not much of a benchmark when ot came to realibility.

Comment

Anyone else notice the spots of rust of the 480 Turbo?
                              2003 Urabus Impreza WRX stage one - 3" TBE Exhaust, Custom Dyno tune 210kW/440Nm 5 sp manual
                              1997 Ford EL Falcon Wagon - 163kW/366Nm 4sp FraudSlushOMatic

Comment

It was because of the suspension system. The US managed to get the DS and SM minus some features like the directional headlights due to regulations. But when the CX came out, there was a ban on cars with height adjustable suspension for whatever reason. The suspension was the strongest suit of the CX and there would be no reason to sell it here without it. But there must have been gray imports because there were a lot on sale on Ebay once. They were all the less quirky mid to late 80's models though.

Comment

Very rare european import ,1988 Citroen CX 22 TRS, 4 cyl 2200 cc, 5 speed, beige
                                  "The star that shines twice as bright, lives half as long." -- RH.

"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

1995 Pontiac Sunfire SE 2.2L OHV
                                  2008 Subaru Impreza 2.5i sedan

Comment

Originally posted by public View Post
                                    Approves:

Comment

Yep, lots of rare cars in Dallas
                                      If you go to Coit and Campbell area I see 2-3 alfas a week. 1 is a old spider the other 2 are mid 90's
                                      plus in that area I saw a 2cv.
                                      Then their are the exotics every day I see at least 1 Bentley GT an Aston or a Ferrari. Even seen a S7 and an Enzo on the tollway

Comment

^I've also seen a 2CV in that area and an Alfa Spider.

Also, in the neighborhood right at coit and campbell, there were 2 of the 1000 1996 Corvette Grand Sports.

The sky has been falling for decades.

Comment

Working...
                                        X