Spot Them Beater Cars

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot Them Beater Cars

Here's a thread I figured might take off, might not. Post photos of your own car that looks, well, homely. Or, photos of beater cars you've found on the street. Hey, they aren't junk piles, they just have character.

The above and below happen to be the same car in different stages of disrepair.

Grassroots Motorsports - RallyCross, Ice Racing, Hill Climb and Solo - Lifelong motorcycle enthusiast

1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-07/2017 - Sold
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-

Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Comment

Now with 70% less signature.

Comment

There's a proper thread for this car:

Comment

Nice idea. I see a plentiful crop of rolling scrap heaps every day around here, especially beater student cars. I've just got to remember to take my crappy camera to class with me!
          Avatar credit: mizhallelujah on tumblr - original image: http://mizhallelujah.tumblr.com/post...agine-that-the

Comment

Classic student car:

"PURPLE ARMY" ... yeah, sure.

Greetings, lip
            Last edited by lip; March 21st, 2009, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Ooops, my bad.
              Last edited by shad_68; March 21st, 2009, 6:07 PM.

Comment

I was thinking more toward cars that have lots of "character" and are still being driven around. CrazyRussian540 and lip have the idea.

Grassroots Motorsports - RallyCross, Ice Racing, Hill Climb and Solo - Lifelong motorcycle enthusiast

Comment

Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

Comment

I wonder what they would have done to my friend who had just ricocheted his Impreza off of three trees at 50mph and tried to drive it home. I've got all of the photos between what I showed above to prove it, but that's a story for a better day.

Comment

Greetings, lip, a bangeronomics-man himself.
                        Last edited by lip; March 21st, 2009, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyRussian540 View Post

Comment

^ That is actually freaking awesome! Nice post-apocalyptic vibe going on there.
                            Avatar credit: mizhallelujah on tumblr - original image: http://mizhallelujah.tumblr.com/post...agine-that-the

Comment

Originally posted by Pedrocas View Post
                              There's a proper thread for this car:

No one will ever steal that thing. Ever. Or maybe he gets a perverse thrill out of driving it? "It's two ugly shades of green! Yeah, you gotta look at it, loser!"

I dunno...
                              The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                              -- Bill Watterson "Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor Blade View Post
                                No one will ever steal that thing. Ever. Or maybe he gets a perverse thrill out of driving it? "It's two ugly shades of green! Yeah, you gotta look at it, loser!"

I dunno...
                                Yeah, that was latex house paint on that thing. Looked to be brushed, not rolled on as well.

Comment

Seen last summer in France. Still had number plates and was parked in a public parking space.

Greetings, lip

Comment

I've always wondered how far you can take a CRX in terms of bits rusting off, while still driving it.

Comment

Originally posted by lip View Post
                                      Seen last summer in France. Still had number plates and was parked in a public parking space.

Greetings, lip
                                      If it has a manual transmission, I would be proud to drive that car.

Last edited by Bubs360; March 25th, 2009, 7:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubs360 View Post
                                        Yeah, that was latex house paint on that thing. Looked to be brushed, not rolled on as well.
                                        I knew a guy who did that to his truck. Claimed that when he sanded and buffed it, you'd never know it was house paint. Of course, he and his brother were members of the Brotherhood of the White Sheet, so his judgement was poor to say the least.
                                        The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us.
                                        -- Bill Watterson "Calvin and Hobbes"

Comment

Working...
                                        X