Wiesmann

Very nice! :thumbsup:

Wiked nice photos. +1

I am very jealous, I love the Wiesmann. Is that a steel frame in the third pic?

What a beautiful factory!

I am very jealous, I love the Wiesmann. Is that a steel frame in the third pic?

That's the frame for the MF3-Roadster.

You can see the two production lines on the second picture.
The left one is for the MF3 (I guess they will use it for the newly presented Roadster MF4 as well) and the right one is for the GTs

Thank you for the comments!
I really enjoyed it and can only recommend it to anyone.
Yesterday (and today) there is a so-called "Spring Gala" at the factory so nobody actually worked. I'm planning to attend a factory-tour during regular working time, should be interesting.

What a beautiful factory!
You should see it from outside:
https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2009/03/29/WIESMANNEinweihung01low_000.JPG

Thats from the opening day

Last edited:
Whos the Architect of that building? Looks very much like a Frank Gery.

Last edited:
I can imagine the conversation between Wiesmann and the people in charge of designing the building.

'How can we make this factory incredibly awesome?'
'I know! Let's build part of it in the shape of a salamander!'
<Anal German>
The heraldic animal of Wiesmann is a Gecko, not a Salamander, hence the factory is shaped like a Gecko. :p
</Anal German>

@ Topic: nice factory, I'm jealous, too. :) I think it deserves a place in the Awesome-Thread as well.

Whos the Architect of that building? Looks very much like a Frank Gery.

I think its too ordinary to be a Gehry one. The lizard thing is just Wiesmann's logo built into it, but the main part of the building is just too boring :p

But still an amazing building! Thanks for sharing!

What a nice place! Thanks for sharing the photos. :mrgreen:

Mmmm.. a D-LUX 3... classy :)
Hehe, yes, it's my father's cam. I normally use my Minolta Dynax(Maxxum) 7D or my cell phone.

Which one did you buy?;)

I got myself a Roadster MF 3
Color: "Whitehall Beige"

Wow that's a huge car, Richard Hammond would say :lol:

Man that looks like a really nice place to work! Looks nicer than the GM SUV plant I visited in arlington :p Cool pictures. How do you tour it? Do they have special days or can you go by at any time?

How do you tour it? Do they have special days or can you go by at any time?
This was their "Spring Gala" but it seems that you can tout it during regular working hours as well.
On their homepage it says:
Visit the "glass manufactory".

Since April 2008 our unique Wiesmann sports cars have been produced in a building that is equally unique. Reminiscent of the company logo, the building is in the form of a gecko.

The "glass manufactory" lures people daily: with a selection of sports cars in the showroom, an impressive view of the production, a boutique for exclusive clothing and merchandising products, and a caf?.

Last edited: