Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parked like an idiot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    No 56k: Parked like an idiot

    A challenge to all of you: to post pictures taken by you, off course, of cars parked like an idiot. Something like this:



    I know the van's too big, but this guy managed to park it across 3 parking spaces!

    There's more to come.


    #2
    This is what a Penn State education gets you (I went there, I can say that):


    Last edited by Phila; September 27th, 2009, 3:44 PM.

    Comment


      #3
      Worst I've seen so far:



      Final Gear around the world care package
      discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Prost264 View Post
        This is what a Penn State education gets you (I went there, I can say that):


        If that was a truck, lifted or not, then ok but a BMW? Driver has an identity crisis.
        1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
        202,131 km - 125,598 miles
        ??.???? @ ??.?? mph
        2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS
        90,956 km - 56,517 miles

        Comment


          #5
          That BMW is more off-road than most SUVs will ever be!

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Prost264 View Post
            This is what a Penn State education gets you (I went there, I can say that):

            If your college is anything like mine, there is a horrible lack of parking. If it's time for my class to start and that is the only space left I will resort to that and I have had to before.
            Originally Posted by captain_70s

            Katwalk - Draining the world of happy since 1989
            I am usually off on the tumblrs now (there is a separate blog for whining and that is not it)

            Comment


              #7
              I WIN

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by katwalk View Post
                If your college is anything like mine, there is a horrible lack of parking. If it's time for my class to start and that is the only space left I will resort to that and I have had to before.
                The parking isn't terrible, but they could definitely use more spaces.

                I've heard horror stories about trying to find a spot at other schools. I think its a nationwide university lack of planning with parking.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I've just thought of this, that Beemer should be on a promotional poster for driving RWD cars in the snow. That and the ZR-1 guy from last winter

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Final Daihatsu View Post
                    I WIN
                    I want to know who the hell bothered to bring a cavalier of all things over unless they sold them there.


                    The sky has been falling for decades.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Well... this is not exactly "parked like an idiot"... but it also shows some idiocy...

                      At my university people got a ticket for [parking on the sidewalk............... me too.. although this isn't my car.....






                      yah... these cars parked on the sidewalk really are an extreme obstacle for people that walk there..
                      Last edited by idk; September 27th, 2009, 8:43 PM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I have a feeling that this thread will go on forever, there is sooo much piss poor parking out there.


                        Comment


                          #13
                          I went to Ukraine a few weeks ago, and I saw 2 or 3 people park completely on the sidewalk, all in one place at one time. Too bad I didn't have my camera on me.
                          The Blog of Cars

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Gingertom View Post
                            I have a feeling that this thread will go on forever, there is sooo much piss poor parking out there.
                            Let's hope so.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by idk View Post
                              Well... this is not exactly "parked like an idiot"... but it also shows some idiocy...

                              At my university people got a ticket for [parking on the sidewalk............... me too.. although this isn't my car.....




                              yah... these cars parked on the sidewalk really are an extreme obstacle for people that walk there..
                              Well, if you call that parking on the road, then you deserve a ticket for not leaving 3m of space between your wing mirror and the white line - which would be almost double the width of that dark Astra F.

                              You're basically forcing other drivers to cross that line, which as we all know is bad.




                              Something else to add for the topic itself: There's very limited parking space around here (or too many cars...), made worse by people who just can't use the available space properly. For example I've noticed how a Golf is often parked in front of a sign post, leaving 2-3m space between the car and the post. GRRR. Same thing happens when people park right next to a driveway. They'll leave a huge gap between their car and what is actually needed to get in/out of the garage... too lazy to make pictures.
                              Last edited by narf; September 28th, 2009, 10:45 AM.
                              Octavia
                              Fabia
                              Beetle

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Evel View Post
                                I went to Ukraine a few weeks ago, and I saw 2 or 3 people park completely on the sidewalk, all in one place at one time. Too bad I didn't have my camera on me.
                                It's legal here to park on the sidewalk if you leave 1 meter of space on it so the pedestrians can walk. I don't think it's a bad ideea as a parked car off the road leaves an extra lane usable.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by narf View Post
                                  Well, if you call that parking on the road, then you deserve a ticket for not leaving 3m of space between your wing mirror and the white line - which would be almost double the width of that dark Astra F.

                                  You're basically forcing other drivers to cross that line, which as we all know is bad.
                                  You should see the parking here. People park not near the curb on sidestreets, on both sides. I quite often have the problem of there being a two way road with only enough room for one car to get by.
                                  Originally Posted by captain_70s

                                  Katwalk - Draining the world of happy since 1989
                                  I am usually off on the tumblrs now (there is a separate blog for whining and that is not it)

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...23.54,,0,25.02

                                    Bad example because the cars on the right are on the sidewalk a bit, but imagine that street full of badly parked college students and students looking for places to badly park.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by katwalk View Post
                                      You should see the parking here. People park not near the curb on sidestreets, on both sides. I quite often have the problem of there being a two way road with only enough room for one car to get by.
                                      I always have this problem, because there are not enough parking spaces here, so people become "creative". One of two cars that want to pass, both at the same time and in opposite direction, has to stop for a couple of seconds on a free space and wait for the other to pass. This is also a perfect way to determine if the person in front of you is a civilized driver or an egoistic dumbass.

                                      However, this happens quite always on narrow streets, so speed shoould be low anyway, even without cars parked.
                                      Going fast out of rage, pride or boredom is like buying a ticket to crash.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by thevictor390 View Post
                                        http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...23.54,,0,25.02

                                        Bad example because the cars on the right are on the sidewalk a bit, but imagine that street full of badly parked college students and students looking for places to badly park.
                                        oh that road is WAY wider than what I mean.
                                        I am talking about roads that barely fit the normal traffic never mind with parked cars
                                        Originally Posted by captain_70s

                                        Katwalk - Draining the world of happy since 1989
                                        I am usually off on the tumblrs now (there is a separate blog for whining and that is not it)

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X