Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

Gotcha. I just assumed, "Small Chrysler, must be a Mitsubishi". Reading up on it, it is a lot more complicated than that.

Chrysler's European operations was a huge mess. Chrysler tried to conquer Europe by buying Rootes (UK) and Simca (France). They eventually gave up and sold it for a poofteenth to PSA Peugeot Citro?n.

The last Chrysler Europe product eventually reached market as Peugeot 309. It was supposed to be a replacement for the Omnirizon.

2OMYpZR.jpg

... in a Target (large discount store chain) parking lot. Yup, that's a GT2 being used to get groceries.

Also spotted was the (evidently) only person in Dallas dumb enough to buy a Jetta Hybrid.

qA4N3eI.jpg

Edit: Also, this rare W140 S600 AMG short wheelbase. Most W140s here are long wheelbase.

zo9Nf65.jpg

Last edited:
Alfa Romeo Brera

Porsche 911 with duck tail spoiler

And a (blurred because low light and slowly driving) Volvo Amazon

2OMYpZR.jpg

... in a Target (large discount store chain) parking lot. Yup, that's a GT2 being used to get groceries.

That's a GT3 :p

That's a GT3 :p

The badge on the back said GT2, so it'd be a badge job then. I can't be arsed to keep track of the specific identifying features of the eight billion different 911 models they've sold here, I only care about the ones that are quicker than my 919. Which is very, very few indeed. :p

Chrysler's European operations was a huge mess. Chrysler tried to conquer Europe by buying Rootes (UK) and Simca (France). They eventually gave up and sold it for a poofteenth to PSA Peugeot Citro?n.

The last Chrysler Europe product eventually reached market as Peugeot 309. It was supposed to be a replacement for the Omnirizon.

You forgot the bit about rebranding as Talbot before the Peugeot "merger".

A pair of shiny black sports cars: a Peugeot RCZ and of course a Porsche Panamera. Excuse the potato quality: the photo is taken through a dirty windscreen with one hand on the steering wheel.

I see both of them every now and then but I haven't seen them together before. Both of them are pretty remarkable in this part of the world. Cars are expensive and most people with that kind of money seem to prefer buy the same E class as their neighbor, but with more cylinders.

Most people would also not consider a Peugeot of this type. As far as people here are concerned, Peugeot is the maker of the 308 and 508. I don't see any TT's either though so it's not just a Peugeot thing. Most people would rather spend their money on an A3 than a TT.

You forgot the bit about rebranding as Talbot before the Peugeot "merger".

All markets didn't get the Talbot brand. As far as I know, the last crop of Talbots were sold as Simca in Sweden.

We had Talbots though. The Horizon was even produced locally in the same factory that in more recent years has made Porsches and Fiskers and currently makes the A class.

The "FDM" Horizon had Saab front seats and could be ordered with a fuel system that made it possible to run on kerosene. I don't think that's been available on any other car in the world, except the Saab 99 that was built in the same factory.

Off to the carbage thread with it!

:may: That's not a Lotus, it's a piece of Double Gloucester.

ApplebysDoubleGlouchester.jpg

HIh2CZV.jpg

As someone who clearly doesn't actually belong to this forum, I thought I should do my best to fit in and post something car-related. You're welcome.

Spotted this Renault 4 (thanks for that piece of info, public :--D) on Madeira during my three-week stay in 2012 and actually got to experience this tin can from the inside too, riding along the steep, winding and narrow roads of Funchal. Definitely counts as an experience (my mum wouldn't have been too happy to hear about) and man, did that car make some noise when striving uphill...!