Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

I get an instant 'Transporter' vibe whenever I see one of those.

eAaUmua.jpg

Needed to get into the center turn lane for a left turn, only to see an asshole in a F01 BMW 7er jumping traffic in that lane. Laid on my horn and got behind. Turned out to be an Alpina B7

JedMBR1.jpg

When did we start getting the Micra?

I mean, yeah, I've seen them before on Mexican tags and I know they do sell them in Mexico. This one looks pretty new and has Texas tags and registration though... Not really supposed to be able to do that unless they've been approved for import AFAIK.

Edit: Plate comes back as belonging to a 2015 Nissan Micra.

Last edited:
I'm guessing its here the same way those VW Amaroks are here.... Imported as a body without an engine, then put together here as a kit. That or something military related? A soldier stationed somewhere where those are sold, brought it home with him. If you had managed to get the VIN, that could've given a clue as to what market it was from originally.

Canadian import's no more legal than Mexican; i.e., basically not for cars 0-24 years old with very few exceptions.

These are few and far between in this corner of the world. I think it's the first one I've seen live.

lmxXRH2.jpg

I had to pull the plate and it's a 2015, even. RAN-160 probably stands for RANI 60. The company that owns it turned 60 a couple of months after it was registered.

It also had a peek inside and it struck me how tiny the interior is. I knew it was cramped, but I didn't know it was that bad. Would I care if I had one? Probably not. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
I just checked the Finnish pricelist for the G and holy hell.

The 571hp G63 (pictured) starts at 284 000 euros. 133k of that is car tax.
If 571hp isn't enough, you can have the 630hp G65. It only costs 554 000 euros. 269k of that is tax.

The G65 is 135k more before Finnish car tax though. I wonder what that gets you, other than 59hp and four cylinders more.

Nothing else. The 65 price-jump is universal across all models that come as a 65. They are not really that much better (or at all depending on what you are looking for) but the price as much as almost doubles in many cases. You are basically compensating Mercedes for the hassle of putting together something really really stupid that they'd lose money on otherwise.

Skimming through the price list, I did notice that the 65 has different upholstery and whatever. But you don't even get a reversing camera as standard on neither the 63 nor the 65. Not that it is a very big car to begin with, but still.

I hope this doesn't make me sound jelous, but I think the novelty of the G would wear off pretty fast as a daily driver. Maybe not the insane amount of power it makes, but the rest. It looked very cramped inside and I'm sure that more modern competitors with modern suspension both ride and drive a lot smoother.

I think I would start looking at Q7's and XC90's pretty fast. Then I would do the math and cry as I realized that my one year old G63 is worth less than a fully loaded XC90 T8 Inscription costs brand new.

Then again, you don't buy a G anything if you're after value for money.

Would I care if I had one? Probably not. :D

W-What? But .. but this car isn't sensible?!

Who are you and what have you done with Perc?

Then again, you don't buy a G anything if you're after value for money.

Exactly. The whole point of a very overpriced gadet like a AMG G-Wagon is to show anybody that you don't have to care about money. It may be not a sane investement in direct money terms just by the depricing alone, but it makes you a name in your current peer group and that one society class above you most likely want to step up to. - People always think rich people buy luxury- and hypercars to impress the masses, while it's exactly the opposite: they want to impress the even more richer folk.

Wrapped Maserati. Color did not look good on it

3hg4KnN.jpg

ZkrE3o9.jpg

Company that wrapped it also went over the parking sensors. Good job guys.

Last edited: