Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An early Boxster Spyder. Not a common sight around here.

Comment

Shop Finalgear * Finalgear folding@home * Track your Euro bills

Comment

Bonus: that Corvette is parked like an asshole...
        Why E10? I'm driving E46...

Comment

The car parked next to that little car is too.
          "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

Something rarely seen these days, at least in the rust belt... A Geo Metro convertible. They were based on the Suzuki Cultus and the ragtop was available in the U.S. from 1990 thru 1993. When new, these were super-cheap for an open car and sold fairly well. Being cheap, they were also 'disposable' and most died years ago. This one doesn't appear to have lived the easiest of lives, but it has at least survived without terminal rust.

Comment

It's a little shitbox, but at least it's a hoot to drive - DaBoom and me bought one (in Euro-spec so Suzuki Swift, not Geo Metro) in 2014 and did the Romanian roadtrip in it. Photos of that roadtrip are in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Eye-Q View Post
                Bonus: that Corvette is parked like an asshole...
                Well, footballer...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/miguel.../spieler/59248

Comment

An update from this time last year: Yesterday was Memorial Day in the U.S.
                  Our little town celebrated its 150th annual Memorial Day Parade, complete with a fly-over by fighter jets.
                  Last year, Chris Hunt, Sales Manager for The Toy Barn in Dublin (Columbus), Ohio brought a Ferrari 458 to drive in the parade. The spectators loved it.
                  Chris, along with his two kids, was back this year with a Lamborghini Huracan, looking very sinister in its matte-grey finish.

Comment

An E-Type club was doing a Majorca-Menorca tour:

So was the Abarth-Club Switzerland, here's about a third of their group making quite a racket and being jealous of my cheap rental Abarth

...couldn't not take a picture... not the kind of car I'd expect entering Sa Calobra

I have videos of the Jaaaaags and farting Italians, but transloading from Google Photos to Youtube has failed
                    Octavia
                    Fabia
                    Beetle

Comment

Purple Hellcat

964 Targa

E36 M3 Coupe in nice shape and a good color

Bikes:Honda VFR 800 Honda 919
                      Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Sport
                      Cars:Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Jaguar XJR 4.0
                      Broken:Ford Bronco 4.9 4x4

Comment

Ferrari F40

Lamborghini Murciélago and Ferrari Testarossa

Comment

Comment

Since I haven’t posted much lately, I thought you folks might like to see just a few shots from a local car show that I attended yesterday. On Friday evening, my friend Mike called to say that he was entering his ’66 Olds Cutlass and would like to have some company during the show. I didn’t have anything ready to enter; but I drove up to the event, which was in the little town of South Point, Ohio.

Mike bought this Cutlass back in 1996 as a used car for his son to drive to high school. It turned out to be so nice and solid that he immediately decided to do a mild restoration and have it painted. The color is PPG 4798 - Code 28 "Admiral Blue" on '94-'96 Corvettes or "Dark Cloisonne" on other GM cars. What’s really surprising to most people is that while the car has been driven regularly since 1996, the paint and body work haven’t been touched except for cleaning and polishing. The only real change since it was ‘built’ is that the wheels and tires have been updated. The car has won quite a few trophies in its life but Mike got a really nice surprise yesterday. It was chosen “Best of Show” out of about 100 entries. Besides the trophy, Mike picked up a $75.00 cash prize!

https://imgur.com/bWlTCet

https://imgur.com/0aePIxn

The next two photos are of another friend’s vehicle. Tony’s White Freightliner is truly one-of-a-kind. It’s a Freightliner ‘sleeper’ cab that’s been mounted on a 1-ton (3500 series) GM truck frame and is powered by a Chevy 502 c.i. gasoline V8 backed by an automatic transmission. The ‘pickup’ bed is a custom creation. Tony bought this monster a couple of years ago as a ‘stalled’ project. He’s truly a work-aholic and has invested hundreds of hours in the truck, which he painted himself. To me, one of the most surprising things that he did was to change out almost every bolt in the truck with new stainless steel ones. If that wasn’t enough, he ground the markings off every one of the hundreds of bolts and polished the heads until they now look like they’ve been chromed! Tony went home with the “Most Unique Vehicle” trophy and a $50.00 cash prize.

https://imgur.com/UKRgIsu

https://imgur.com/ACb4qWS

The last photo is of a 1936 Dodge truck. It was a ‘survivor’ when the current owner bought it. He really hasn’t made any mechanical changes to the truck but has had it painted, new upholstery installed and has rebuilt the bed. I really like it because the ‘bones’ of the truck are so original.

https://imgur.com/rVDfxIo

There were many other vehicles at the show that deserved photos, but the sun was so bright that it made taking photos with my cell phone very difficult. I guess that I need to start bringing a ‘real’ camera to the shows I attend!

SL
                            Last edited by SquareLeft; July 9th, 2018, 3:01 AM. Reason: Edited to add links because not everyone could view the photos as part of the post. Also changed the story on the paint, as I misunderstood Mike's story about the painter.

Comment

For some reason, your pictures are not working.... I is sad.
                              "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

"No man's life, liberty or happiness are safe while Congress is in session,"- Mark Twain

Comment

This software is nothing short of exasperating!
                                GRtak wrote: "For some reason, your pictures are not working.... I is sad."
                                It would NOT let me quote you!!!

In any case, I spent over an hour this morning getting FG to accept the data in that first post. It definitely didn't want to allow the photos, even though they do look OK to me now when I open this thread.
                                So, I edited the post and inserted a direct link above each photo. Here's hoping that it will at least let you open the links to view the photos on Imgur...

Best regards,
                                SL

Comment

The direct links works for me. The original pictures doesn't.

Thanks for the pictures.

That Freightliner really looks good.

Comment

Spotted in my hotel parking lot this week :

- Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up! You see this? This... is my BOOMSTICK!

Comment

Parked like a Weiner.

Final Gear around the world care package
                                      discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map

Comment

Working...
                                      X