This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

This was the original thread for posting car sightings. You can still use it for sightings that don't warrant their own thread. However, photos are still required (unlike when this thread first started).

Saw a nice yellow Viper GTS with two white stripes and a wing gettin' on the freeway a couple days ago. It was SCREAMIN'!
    Last edited by Viper007Bond; June 27th, 2007, 10:07 AM.
    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
    There is no replacement for displacement.
    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

I saw a McLaren F1 driving by a couple of weeks ago while sitting at McDonalds!

By the way, the BMW dealer in our town is the only authorized McLaren dealer and service center in Germany. There's even a pre-owned F1 in their showroom, price: 1.200.000 Euros.

cya
    Oli

Comment

at the april nyautoshow 2yrs ago, i saw 3 SL55 AMG's around the javits center (place where the show is held) while looking for a place to park then i saw a nice red Lambo Murc just cruising along, .

wish i saw something a bit more recent.

"I’ll sock you in the goddamn face and you’ll stay plastered!"
      -William F. Buckley Jr.

Ich Fahre Deutschen, Ich Fahre Mercedes-Benz.

Comment

Originally posted by oliB
        I saw a McLaren F1 driving by a couple of weeks ago while sitting at McDonalds!

By the way, the BMW dealer in our town is the only authorized McLaren dealer and service center in Germany. There's even a pre-owned F1 in their showroom, price: 1.200.000 Euros.

cya
        Oli
        You lucky S.O.B!!!! I don't think I'll ever get the pleasure of seeing one of those!! Can I come over to your house?

Comment

I saw a Lotus Esprit about a month ago. Not a super expensive exotic, but it is quite rare here in Vancouver. Looks superb in British Racing Green.

Next time I go downtown I'll take some pics of the cars I see. The posers like to drive their exotics at 30km/hr downtown during the weekend .

Comment

Maserati Spyder, Mercedes-Benz CL500...

I saw a Maybach 57 in the wild at the NYIAS.
            - Stephen

haha, I'm such a traitor! Name of a Mercedes-Benz, picture of a BMW.

Comment

Not counting car shows or other car events, I have seen these "in the wild" at some point in my life:

Stretch Hummer (see http://www.nicolls.com/WHITEH2.jpg)
              Lamborghini Countach
              Ferrari Testarossa
              Ferrari 308
              Lotus Esprit
              E-type Jaguar
              Porsche 356

Comment

just to clarify, my 3 SL and murc sightings where in the wild too. they were driving around the javits center, where the NY auto show is held. all separate times which made me soo happy, whoa an SL with the top down then later, WHOA an AMG parking, then WHOA a third parked!!!

then on the road behind the j-center, WHOAAAA a red Murc!!

"I’ll sock you in the goddamn face and you’ll stay plastered!"
                -William F. Buckley Jr.

Ich Fahre Deutschen, Ich Fahre Mercedes-Benz.

Comment

2 C3 Vettes and a blue STi as well as the usual S classes

Comment

Just saw a blue STi!
                    My Cars: 2008 Dodge Viper SRT-10 convertible (summer weekend car), 2001 Ford Mustang GT coupe (winter car & grocery getter)
                    There is no replacement for displacement.
                    - Wolfgang Bernhard, then Chief Operating Officer, Chrysler Group talking about the Dodge Viper SRT-10
                    ... I ask Herb Helbig, vehicle synthesis manager for SRT and a member of the original Team Viper development group since day one, if they'd ever thought of adding traction control. "It comes with two," he says, pointing at my feet. "Learn to use them." Got it.
                    - Motor Trend on the 2006 Dodge Viper Coupe, November 2005

Comment

Two rolls Royce Phantoms, two Bentley Arnages, Azure, Maserati Coupe, and Spyder, Ferrari 555M, 360 Spyder, all on Long Island. Except one Arnage and Phantom was in New York City, Upper Eastside.
                      - Stephen

haha, I'm such a traitor! Name of a Mercedes-Benz, picture of a BMW.

Comment

Aston Martin DB& Vantage, and numerous BMW M5's, Porsche 911 Turbo X50, many Range Rovers

----------- 1986 325 ----------------------------------------------------------- 1987 325ic -----------

Comment

Few weeks ago I saw '70s Trans Am. No big deal, but this one had like 700bhp pure american muscle
                          Tsemppiä, tsemppiä, nyt on ajettu täysiä, on aika vähän lisätä vauhtia.

Comment

I saw a Ferrari 360 a few months ago , it was awsome but unfortnately I was parked in White Castle getting ready to go in so I couldnt give chase. This is in Fairfield, Ohio so it was strange to see. I loved it.

Comment

Originally posted by M5Rangerover
                              Aston Martin DB& Vantage, and numerous BMW M5's, Porsche 911 Turbo X50, many Range Rovers
                              how did you know it was a X50? as far as I know the mods are only perf wse and there's no way you can tell

Comment

ive seen loads of porshes and astons in newcastle
                                1 gallardo
                                1 murcelago
                                loads of sl mercs
                                my neighbour has a 550 and took me for a drive
                                been to a private talk by rowan attkinson about his mac f1 (before he wrote it off) he had fun blipping the throttle etc!

Comment

Originally posted by Renesis
                                  Originally posted by M5Rangerover
                                  how did you know it was a X50? as far as I know the mods are only perf wse and there's no way you can tell
                                  there's a wee little badge on it, and i talked to the owner (turns out hes my nieghbour!)

----------- 1986 325 ----------------------------------------------------------- 1987 325ic -----------

Comment

you live in a nice neighborhood!

Comment

http://forum.hkgolden.com/view.asp?m...205889&type=BW
                                      i snapped those fotos with my cell phone when my dad was driving out of the carpark
                                      1. RX8
                                      2. S2000
                                      3. 360 Spyder

Comment

BMW William's F1 race car (FW25) on display in a mall and i took some pics
                                        http://community.webshots.com/album/92518988SZbwTS
                                        (Aug 2003)

Porsche 911 GT3 RS in the same mall
                                        http://community.webshots.com/album/107074104qntCYR
                                        (Dec 2003)

Comment

Working...
                                        X