WTCC 2007 Results

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
So I'll begin this thread every year only because I follow Team Chevrolet :D. I have a thread like this going on a GM web site. Now just because I post Chevy results and concentrate on that, that doesn't mean other driver talks isn't allowed :).

On to round 6 results:

WTCCPortugalChevroletInFront.jpg

Race 11
1 Alain MENU SUI Chevrolet Lacetti
2 Robert HUFF GBR Chevrolet Lacetti
3 Nicola LARINI ITA Chevrolet Lacetti

4 Gabriele TARQUINI ITA SEAT Leon
5 Yvan MULLER FRA SEAT Leon
6 Tom CORONEL NED SEAT Leon
7 Andy PRIAULX GBR BMW 320si
8 Jorg MULLER GER BMW 320si
9 Augusto FARFUS BRA BMW 320si
10 James THOMPSON GBR Alfa Romeo
11 Stefano D'ASTE ITA BMW 320si
12 Michel JOURDAIN MEX SEAT Leon
13 Pierre-Yves CORTHALS BEL SEAT Leon
14 Jordi GENE ESP SEAT Leon
15 Tiago MONTEIRO POR SEAT Leon
16 Alessandro ZANARDI ITA BMW
17 Felix PORTEIRO ESP BMW 320si
18 Maurizio CERESOLI ITA SEAT Leon
19 Miguel FREITAS POR Alfa Romeo 156
20 Luca RANGONI ITA BMW 320si
21 Luis Pedro MAGALHAES POR SEAT Leon

Race 12
1 Andy PRIAULX GBR BMW 320si
2 Jorg MULLER GER BMW 320si
3 Alain MENU SUI Chevrolet Lacetti
4 Tom CORONEL NED SEAT Leon
5 Yvan MULLER FRA SEAT Leon
6 Augusto FARFUS BRA BMW 320si
7 Gabriele TARQUINI ITA SEAT Leon
8 Pierre-Yves CORTHALS BEL SEAT Leon
9 Michel JOURDAIN MEX SEAT Leon
10 James THOMPSON GBR Alfa Romeo
11 Robert HUFF GBR Chevrolet Lacetti
12 Luca RANGONI ITA BMW 320si
13 Tiago MONTEIRO POR SEAT Leon
14 Stefano D'ASTE ITA BMW 320si
15 Alessandro ZANARDI ITA BMW 320si
16 Maurizio CERESOLI ITA SEAT Leon
17 Luis Pedro MAGALHAES POR SEAT Leon
18 Felix PORTEIRO ESP BMW 320si
19 Emmet O'BRIEN IRL SEAT Leon
20 Nicola LARINI ITA Chevrolet Lacetti
21 Jordi GENE ESP SEAT Leon

Championship
Jorg Muller - 58
Augusto Farfus - 56
Andy Priaulx - 56
Yvan Muller - 39
Nicola Larini - 38
Alain Menu - 38

Gabriele Tarquini - 35
James Thompson - 26
Robert Huff - 22
Felix Porteiro - 21
Tiago Monteiro - 17
Luca Rangoni - 15
Jordi Gene - 14
Tom Coronel - 12
Alessandro Zanardi - 11
Roberto Colciago - 5
Michel Jourdain - 3
Sergio Hernandez - 1
Pierre-Eves Corthals - 1

Manufacturer's Points
BMW - 167
Seat - 124
Chevrolet - 111
Alfa Romeo - 87

A 1-2-3 qualifying turns into a 1-2-3 finish. Amazing. Chevrolet is getting so much press this year. It was a very good race with one major incident in turn 13 which turned into almost half the race being under caution.

Second race was another good race. Lots of close racing, contact, and crashes. Huff overshot an overtaking point and didn't get into the points. Larini found a way around Coronel and it was amazing but on the subsequent corner, hit the tirewall. So Menu got third place.

That's 4 podiums this weekend for Chevrolet. 1 First, 1 Second, and 2 Thirds.

http://www.fiawtcc.com/fiawtcc/porto/2007/sport_sto1236948.shtml

The WTCC Lacetti is really coming good! They had bad luck in the second race though, Menu, Larini and Huff should've been right up there again (espically Larini, he had such a heavy car!)

Another worth a mention is Tom Coronel in the orange Seat. He's had rubbish luck so far, good to see him finally doing well.

I agree. That was the fight to watch. The 3 Seats and the 3 Chevrolets.

usually i'm more of a bimmer man but it was cool to see the the three chevys up there! they absolutely deserved it. i felt sorry for their bad luck in the second race.

however, the second race itself was pretty awesome compared to the first one, very ecxiting to watch them fight a lot more than i thought they would on that very narrow course.

I haven't seen much coverage of WTCC, I've heard of it but never seen a race.

Nice to see what I think is actually a poor car doing well in racing. though my bets would be on thos BMWs, but that's only from the research I've quickly done.

Nice to see what I think is actually a poor car doing well in racing. though my bets would be on thos BMWs, but that's only from the research I've quickly done.

Your bets would be wrong. Different tracks in the schedule help different cars. There are cars where FWD outperforms RWD. It is actually great racing.

poor car? the WTCC BMW 320i they got are the si models, its lighter, handles better and packed with more horsies than the normal 320i. how does that make it a poor car?

^ I was talking about the chevvy - the BMW is good

The Lacetti is good for a Daewoo/Chevy..but you know you'd have any other car from the field over it in real life.

Andy Priaulx won the championship with a fantastic finish at Macau. As usual Macau brought some exciting racing especially in the last 2 laps in the first race. I don't know why WTCC is not being watched as often as any other series on these forums. Some fantastic racing.

Andy Priaulx won the championship with a fantastic finish at Macau. As usual Macau brought some exciting racing especially in the last 2 laps in the first race. I don't know why WTCC is not being watched as often as any other series on these forums. Some fantastic racing.

Agree :)

It was great to see this vastly under-rated driver win this very under-rated championship. James Thompson did excellently in the old Alfa (156!) and could've had more of a chance had his teammate Couto not stacked it (He's a legend round Macau though, but sometimes does indeed come a cropper)