Australian V8 Supercars

yup.... pretty nice race... whens the next one?... I don't know V8 supercars at all, I'm more of a BTCC guy :lol:

^Well by now you would have seen all 3-races if you watched...HOLDEN DOMINATES :thumbsup: Skaife drive-through penalty :thumbsdown: All in all, there was some good racing and that thing that launched from the track surface into the chassis of that Falcon was freaky :eek:

I still think a race at a $1 million Oran-Park, NSW, complex is waay more exciting for the spectators than this one...

I did watch the rest... the tv is right behind my computer, so all I have to do is turn around and watch it... and yea, it must have sucked for the falcon guy who ran over a short pole, :thumbsdown: ... I don't want to start any wars or anything, but the Falcon looks and sounds better... :D

i know it was a experiment in China, but do they show the Supercars other races in China?... or did the people in the crowd have no idea about anything?

haha What would you know andy you bitch haha sorry had to say that.. Holden man over here.

Besnard ran over a grate that was sticking up. Notice the massive tyre bundle they placed there after that race.

Ambrose once again proved he is a wanker. Hope he got bitch slapped for that incident in the pits. Skaife... well he deserved to get black flagged for that incident... even though its a track flaw and not a driving flaw.

All in all a great round!

track flaw?
What was it called again... Ingall. :D
You're correct though, a 1500 kg V8 with brake lights on can be a bit hard to see. :D
good racing though, better than the F1 at that track.

Leppy said:
Ambrose once again proved he is a wanker. Hope he got bitch slapped for that incident in the pits. Skaife... well he deserved to get black flagged for that incident... even though its a track flaw and not a driving flaw.

hmm..., I must have missed that :( , I saw after the race they said the next one is in july? :thumbsdown:

I don't want to start any wars or anything, but the Falcon looks and sounds better...
How could ya Andy :eek: :cry: Leppy's right you are a bitch!
i know it was a experiment in China, but do they show the Supercars other races in China?... or did the people in the crowd have no idea about anything?
As far as I know, the V8's are broadcast all around the world...most anyways ;) The Chinese have all our rounds broadcast there and in fact this round was meant to make its debut last year but they needed more time to finalise stuff so the Chinese are well aware of the V8's by now.
Ambrose is a wanker aye...he is a big-headed loser and he is far from a popular champion even in Ford fans eyes. He won't cut it in the US :lol: :twisted:
You're correct though, a 1500 kg V8 with brake lights on can be a bit hard to see.
Skaife said in an exclusive Bigpond interview that Ingall breaked much too early for pit-lane and left him with no choice...

metalsport said:
track flaw?
What was it called again... Ingall. :D
You're correct though, a 1500 kg V8 with brake lights on can be a bit hard to see. :D

Yes track flaw.

On any other track... the entry to the pits are not in such a way that a person entering the pits and a person braking for a corner are on the same line.

Pit entries should be past the apex of the corner on the outside of the track. This makes a car pitting not travel on the racing line and not cause the accident that happened today.

As for the brake lights part. Go watch it again. The brake lights came on about half a second before he ploughed up the arse of ringall.

Sl65 said:
How could ya Andy :eek: :cry: Leppy's right you are a bitch!

I didn't know all of you were holden fans... but you gotta admit, the ford looks better in real life...

Leppy said:
Yes track flaw.

On any other track... the entry to the pits are not in such a way that a person entering the pits and a person braking for a corner are on the same line.

thats very interesting, I'll have a look at the shanghai track again...

Cool new sig Leppy :thumbsup: Did you design that? Your avatar kinda looks like Daniels....you remember him rite??

I remember daniel... can't remember his avatar though.. I'll go look.

[edit] Ahh yeah I remember it now. The difference is that his is an old mafia guy and mine is actually me [/edit]

As for the layout of the Shanghai track. This shows where the pit entry is.

This is the F1 track but the entry is the same. Its hard to show how the entry is set up but it is in such a way that the line for pit entry and racing are exactly the same.

1541261434__chi_circuit.gif

This is the racetrack near me that the V8s also travel to. (this track is nearly as boring as an oval race)

With this pit entry, its setup so wide of the main line that by the time you are slowing down to reach pit speed, you are all the way off the racing line and not endangering the people behind you.

queensland_map.gif

ahh... so for the shanghai pitlane... the pitstop people can actually brake later than the track racing people?

I remember the Shanghai track from last years DTM race. It was kind of chaotic because the racing authorities weren't very professional. During race one a duct cover got lose and as a result a Mercedes crashed into it. The race got nearly cancelled.

What I really want to know though is a little bit of histry obout the Aussie V8 racing series and the roadlegal cars it spawned. Maybe one of you guys can point me to the right direction ?

Well it became the ATCC (Australian Touring Car Championship) back in 1969. Back then you could drive any car you wanted eg, Torana A9X, Camaro's, BMW's, Nissan Skylines....ANYTHING!
But in 1993 it became the V8Supercars which was stricktly Holden Commodore V Ford Falcon and has been up to this date.
These cars are not stock btw...they are fully tuned race cars complete with rollcage.
600+BHP and max speed of about 300KM/H
Since 2003, there has been such a small amount of technical difference in the cars and they share most of the components. Thats what makes it so damn competative!

Anything else? :roll:

andyhui01 said:
ahh... so for the shanghai pitlane... the pitstop people can actually brake later than the track racing people?

At shanghai. You are coming up to the pit entry corner after a decent straight, ie you are carrying alot of speed and have to brake earlier to make the corner. The problem with that is, people who are going for the pit entry could in theory brake alot later because of the added length of the pit entry.

At QLD Raceway (and other tracks), the entry is after the majority of the corner and way off the racing line. To make it around the corner OR make it into the pits, the braking markers will be the same and also on different racing lines.

so did the Grand Prix cars use the same pitlane access?

and how many other cars got rammed entering the pits during the V8 race?

Skaife nevers causes accidents, but he sure does see a lot :mrgreen:

Anybody seen pics of David Besnard's car? The grate cut right through the floor pan and left a nick on his carbon fibre seat :shock:

gez! thats a bit close isnt it?