Australian V8 Supercars

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Albert Park this week but no championship round yet. Watched Race 1 and Race 2 races. Downloading Race 3 race currently. Race 2 was really exciting.

So open for discussion about the V8 Supercars.

What do you guys think of Marcus Ambrose's last year with the Supercars and going to the Nascar Nextel Cup for the next couple of years after this one??

He is doing testing with teams this year and he doesn't yet know which series he'll be in in 2006/07.

Race 2 was awesome. Even though I am a Holden fan, it was great to see what happens when gambles pay off. Team BOC made a great decision.

For all your V8 Supercar needs... http://www.v8supercars.com.au/

PHITP_15030.JPG

Race 2 was amazing. What a gamble. Bowe and Jones were just flying through the field. Race 3 had more than a fair share of cars go off.

I love the V8 Supercars. Such a great series. Pushing, shoving, swearing, V8s...such awesome racing.

I love the V8 Supercars. Such a great series. Pushing, shoving, swearing, V8s...such awesome racing.

Haha its so funny when they have the team radio playing in the background and you hear someone swearing their head off and then billy woods or cromley sit there and go.. ahhh yeah apologies for the language there... this is a live broadcast. haha

man... V8 Super cars is awesome... i can only get it on speed channel here in the states boy do i wish ford would sell the falcon over here... it and the GT are the only fords i would consider buying

TF

Looks cool - I'd like to watch GT racing over all others personally though - what country covers that?

Currently Listening To: Somewhere a Clock is Ticking - Snow Patrol - Live In Paradiso (2005)

This is from last years Bathurst 1000. God I love bathurst. Its like circuit racing and hill climbing in the same race.

PHITP_13630.JPG

Yah Bathurst is great, but I must admit I like the races from the eightees best, when they had all sorts of different brands like Mazda, BMW, Chevrolet, Alfa Romeo, etc...

Leppy said:

Haha its so funny when they have the team radio playing in the background and you hear someone swearing their head off and then billy woods or cromley sit there and go.. ahhh yeah apologies for the language there... this is a live broadcast. haha

Yes. That was hilarious. At least they don't bleep it out. Like here with the 7-second rule now on Nascar drivers.

ESPNSTI said:
Yah Bathurst is great, but I must admit I like the races from the eightees best, when they had all sorts of different brands like Mazda, BMW, Chevrolet, Alfa Romeo, etc...

Nah I like it now that its an Australian brand of racing. Run with Australian built and designed cars.

You can actually buy DVDs of the old Bathurst races here. I've got video highlights from 1975-present. It's incredible how they used to race on what basically amounts to a public scenic road with no armcos on either side of the track. They actually had to modify Conrod Straight for 1987 for the International Group A touring cars, and because in 1986, Mike Burgmann was killed when he hit the JPS bridge at what looked like more than 200kmh. I have pictures of the aftermath, but it ain't pretty.

The modern era is very nice because the cars are finally even. The expense is variety, but i think it's worth it to see such close racing, with passing and contact and all that.

Other forms of racing are just way too boring because of either domination or lack of passing ability. F1 is a prime target for that, although the melbourne qualifying certainly made the grid positions interesting. DTM is much more boring than the aussie V8's because they're hardly cars any more. The closest thing you get to the "up close and personal" style of the V8's was the old supertouring BTCC class. I remember a few times seeing a driver punching another through his window after a good clash. Now that's passion! :)

GO SKAIFEY!! GO DIE INGALL I STILL HATE YOU FOR WHAT YOU DID (you know what..)
Okay, with that outa the way, im thrilled someone bothered to start this thread up! Great!
I hope Murphy can have success with the new team. I was a bit surprised that he moved from a team with great results under their belt to this semi-new team. Glad to hear Ambrose is packing his bags at the end of the year...lets see if Ford can enjoy success WITHOUT him-Good luck boys :lol:

didnt Ingall come second last year? :D ... in a Ford :eek:

Can't wait for the race. Hopefully will be able to download it all :)

That's some download, it goes for 8 hours in total 8) . 1PM-5PM on Saturday and Sunday. Mind you the races only start at around 2:30PM, so the first 1.5hrs is just mindless drivel.

"....back to you in the pits Rusty"

"Thanks Neil. I've got with we some tires from yesterday's ute race. Look at how scuffed they are. Interesting." :roll:

hahaha I used to love it with Grant Denya (sp) on it... He was soooo little haha.

My mate's dad is racing in the konica's this weekend at adelaide so all the best to Shane Beikoff Racing!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

PS Gotta love the V8 BRutes.

Anybody seen the production car crash??? 190 Km/h into the wall and comes out with minor injuries. Car is a write off though.

:shock: