No announcement yet.

Formula SAE (student formula)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was at the competition yesterday and there were a lot of great cars. I think we had less people finish endurance than previous years, but I didn't stick around to see the final count. Anyway, here's a shot I took that you might like, devil500.

IMG_6380 by Ferrari_Freak, on Flickr

Comment

Our car finished everything, 4th time in school history to have done so, and well on our way to being either the second-highest or highest points scoring team in school history.

Also, I may or may not be running CFD on a front wing design as I type.....

Comment

Thanks for the shot! So gutted our car didn't finish endurance, but we found the cause to it our fuel pump cut out on us. It ended up being a wire that got overstressed when we had to move something around during tech. Our lap times were consistent, and no penalties in the 18 laps we ran.. Next year's car will be better considering this was a completely new platform.

2013 Results:
        Business: 14th
        Cost: 35th
        Design: 39th
        Skidpad: 30th
        Accel: 26th
        Autocross: 30th
        Endurance: 47th
        Fuel Efficiency: 22nd

Overall: 35th
        Last edited by devil500; May 15th, 2013, 4:01 PM.
        Beep Bep

Comment

Bump.

Anyone from FSAE-A around? Saw results from the competition, congrats Monash for winning, and congrats UWA for getting the twin-chassis car completed.

Comment

It was a pretty massive comp. Nice to see my old school bag another year.
            2008 Honda Civic VTi [FD1]
            1993 Toyota MR2 G-Limited [SW20]
            1996 Honda CB250F Hornet [MC31]
            1993 Nissan Pulsar GTI-R [RNN14]
            2012 Honda Accord Euro [CU2]
            2007 Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 JTS Q4 [Typo 939]
            2003 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA [Typo 937]

Comment

Did you see the Warwick guys there? The lucky sonsofbitches got to take last years UK car to Aus to join in the fun (we're 'twinned' with Monash as unis).

Then the Monash guys get the...pleasure...of doing the same during our summer.
              ^My Flickr Page^_______________________________^My Blipfoto 'Photo Every Day' Page^

Comment

2014 car is getting there. It's going to be a nice improvement over our 2013 design, but nothing as radical as 2012 to our 2013 car.
                Beep Bep

Comment

Working...
                X