NASCAR

Leetpro

Car(s)
2006 BMW M5
Im I the only Nascar fan on this site ??

I'm a pretty big NASCAR fan, though I don't talk about it much here because it tends to induce numerous postings of "NASCAR sucks" from fans of other motorsports. I've been a NASCAR fan since the early 90's. My favourite driver is Dale Jr. and Dale Sr. before him. I've only been to one event, the 2004 Watkins Glen race, which was a lot of fun. I'm hoping to get out to a Michigan race either this season or next.

Watch it every weekend and have for many years. Rooting for Juan Pablo Montoya ;). I want him to win an oval race. He is almost always in the top 10/top 5.

I'm a pretty big NASCAR fan, though I don't talk about it much here because it tends to induce numerous postings of "NASCAR sucks" from fans of other motorsports

Same here. Love Nascar, been to many of the trucks and Busch Nationwide series races out at the Superspeedway. And even a few at the old fairgrounds. I don't really have a favorite driver, I do have dirvers I prefer, but the only two I really can't stand are Kevin Harvick and Brad Keselowski.

Last edited:
Been watching NASCAR actively for a few years now. There are no broadcasters around here but I try to watch all Cup races through the web, plus some nationwide and truck races when I can. I don't have favourite drivers as such but I'm usually happy when the open-wheel guys like Hornish, Almendinger and Montoya are doing well.

So, what do you guys (and possibly gals) think about Nascar's decision on putting the spoiler back on the Cup cars? I think they could have easily moved the wing to a different location, one where it's not sitting in a place so it can catch air under it.

Last edited:
Been watching for over a year now, it's pretty good fun. One thing that grinds my hears - commercials, probably take up to 40% of the broadcast. As for the cars I think they need some very minor rule tweaking, Hendrick seem to be unbeatable.

commercials, probably take up to 40% of the broadcast.
That's probably not too far from the truth, I usually DVR it and start watching it about 90 minutes after the start of the broadcast.
By the time the race is close to the end, I will be maybe 5 to 10 minutes behind the "live" time.

I generally enjoy it, but as with anything it has some less exiting moments at times.
Martinsville is probably my favorite oval track in the series.
It used to be Bristol, but they kind of ruined its character in my opinion (and I don't mean because of the reduction of contact).

So, what do you guys (and possibly gals) think about Nascar's decision on putting the spoiler back on the Cup cars? I think they could have easily moved the wing to a different location, one where it's not sitting in a place so it can catch air under it.

I still don't think it is the actual spoiler doing this so I'll reserve my judgement until I see the new spoiler in action. The cars flipped beforehand as well though so who knows. I know the cars are a lot safer these days as well since the guys just walk away from these crashes now.

Also, Nascar thinking about adding fuel injection in 2011.

New fuel mileage races...should be interesting.

It used to be Bristol, but they kind of ruined its character in my opinion (and I don't mean because of the reduction of contact).

Last Bristol race was boring compared to previous Bristol races.

NASCAR SUCKS!

:p Sorry couldn't resist. I used to think it was terrible, but I've watched a few races and the racing is great. The biggest problem with NASCAR I think is that when the racing isn't great, it loses all it's charm. So yes, way more overtaking and more incidents than F1 for example, but in a section of the race where there aren't any overtakes or incidents, there's not much to look at except the turning left. With F1, just looking at the cars lapping the track is entertaining. My 2 cents. And if I support anyone it's Montoya as well ;)

Also, Nascar thinking about adding fuel injection in 2011.

realy? :lmao: they still use carbs? :lmao:

they don't have to hand-start them anymore, do then? :p

Last edited:
Can somebody please stop Jimmy Johnson....

realy? :lmao: they still use carbs?

My buddy just tore out a perfectly good factory fuel injection system on his 5.7L v8 (Its a 1994 car) to install a carb. Carbs are alive and well in the US to this day, but not for much longer.

did anyone else see that the nascar busch series is running mustangs and challengers tonight? i know they are not real mustangs or challengers, but, they actually have the front end shapes correct. no BS all cars look the same stuff here, this is very cool.

it dont mean im going to watch it again but im definitely happy that they did this, its a step in the right direction! now they just need to head down to australia and see proof that you can still build real stock cars and compete on a racetrack, but, i know the france family is blind to the rest of the racing world.

Been to Daytona for a visit on a non track day - excellent. I do not get an opportunity to judge really I really have to search races out on something like SkySports 3 or something but I can appreciate its dangers and excitements. I think from what I saw the NASCAR fans are deranged - but in a very good way!

I'm in the "I used to think it was a joke, but then I actually started watching it and think it's okay" crowd. I'm going to Daytona for the race tomorrow, as a matter of fact. :D

I'm bringing one of my work gloves for Jamie McMurray to sign.