NASCAR

DTM driver, Mattias Ekstrom, is back in the 83 for Richmond....be interesting to see how he goes compared to his debut at Sonoma.

I was hoping he'd be able to do more than one race this year. He seemed to really enjoy his time in the Red Bull car and did pretty well. Now we get to see how well he'll do on an oval.

I think Red Bull might expand to three teams next year. Kahne will be there only one year, so it'll be a good chance to see how three teams will work. If it doesn't, close the third team after Kahne leaves, if it does, there's plenty of drivers out there looking for a ride. Like Boris Said.

yeah, that might be a decent idea....I still have concerns over Brian coming back after what he's gone through so we'll just have to see I suppose. Who do you like for the Chase? Tony's warming up, Kevin's been great all season while Jimme's kind of been off form for a couple months.

Nascar is not bad. I used to watch it a lot 7-8 years ago. I've always rooted for Jeff Gordon and the bloke that drove the Number 18 Green Pontiac with Interstate stickers.

I saw a race the other weekend, and I started laughing hysterically at one moment: There was a car that had been in a crash and the hood was messed up. Instead of replacing the hood, like they would do in Formula 1, a big guy came in the pit with a hammer and started straightening it up :lol: "There you go, it's fixed."

Johnson always does well once the Chase starts, both Busch brothers are good, and Edwards said on Sunday night that they're finally where they want to be. However, I think Gordon's going to get it done for the 5th time.

Who do you like for the Chase? Tony's warming up, Kevin's been great all season while Jimme's kind of been off form for a couple months.
Girlfriend's in the Kevin camp, and I may find myself in the Jimmie camp or Kyle Busch camp, if McMurray doesn't make it :)sad:).

I've always rooted for Jeff Gordon and the bloke that drove the Number 18 Green Pontiac with Interstate stickers.
tommyleejones.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAipA9lzZDw[/youtube]

Kyle Busch is running practice in his Sponsafier car. :lmao:

During my too short four months as an exchange student at Texas Tech University, I managed to go watch NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway... Pics here

Girlfriend's in the Kevin camp...

I suddenly find myself not liking your girlfriend at all, despite the fact I've never met her.

I won't wish bodily harm on anyone, but I hope Harvick wrecks in every one of these last 11 races. In fact, I hope he wrecks in every race from here on until he retires.

During my too short four months as an exchange student at Texas Tech University, I managed to go watch NASCAR at Texas Motor Speedway... Pics here

cool, I've been to 2 Cup races....both at Sonoma. I must be one of the only people who have attended more than one race with none being at an oval :lol:

was hoping to get to Vernon to watch the Canadian tire series' only visit to BC this year but things didn't work out that weekend.

the bloke that drove the Number 18 Green Pontiac with Interstate stickers.

he's taking over my guy's seat next year...be interesting to see how Bobby goes with JTGD.

I saw a race the other weekend, and I started laughing hysterically at one moment: There was a car that had been in a crash and the hood was messed up. Instead of replacing the hood, like they would do in Formula 1, a big guy came in the pit with a hammer and started straightening it up :lol: "There you go, it's fixed."

F1 needs guys like that I reckon...."don't crash the car or you're getting thumped with this!" :hammer:

Another Sponsafier ad:

As for the Chase, I think it will come down to Hamlin or Johnson (he was shit during the regular season, but until he's shit in the Chase you can't rule him out). There should hopefully be a race or two won by a non-Chaser, and it should be interesting to see if the winless drivers in the Chase wind up as contenders.

Mark my words: if Gordon wins a race I'm busting out my old puppet avatar.

I suddenly find myself not liking your girlfriend at all, despite the fact I've never met her.

I won't wish bodily harm on anyone, but I hope Harvick wrecks in every one of these last 11 races. In fact, I hope he wrecks in every race from here on until he retires.
Why?

Mark my words: if Gordon wins a race I'm busting out my old puppet avatar.
I honestly do not see what people see in Jeff Gordon. I figured NASCAR types considered him a "pretty boy", but when I went to the Coke Zero race in Daytona, people were falling over each other to buy his shit. Everywhere you looked in the parking lot, someone had a Jeff Gordon sticker on their car. And these were all redneck good-ol'-boy yokels, too.

I loathe Kevin Harvick. Him and Brad Keselowski are the only two I wouldn't miss if they decided to quit.
I mean he does absolutely nothing for me, but he's not on a Carl Edwards or Jeff Gordon level for me.

I've never understood why people don't like Jeff Gordon. In my opinion, he is a better driver and is more successful than Dale Jr.

But especially here in West Virginia, if I state out loud that I support Jeff Gordon, I'll probably get shot :lol:

The good news: Clint Bowyer won the first Chase race @ New Hampshire.
The bad news: Clint Bowyer's car failed post-race inspection.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Clint Bowyer's race-winning car at New Hampshire failed an intense NASCAR inspection on Wednesday, earning the driver a 150-point penalty that could wipe out his championship chances.

NASCAR also fined crew chief Shane Wilson $150,000, and suspended him for the next six Cup Series races. Car chief Chad Haney was also suspended six races, and team owner Richard Childress was docked 150 owner points.

Bowyer won Sunday's opening race in the Chase to vault from 12th to second in the standings. The penalty drops him back to last place, 185 points behind leader Denny Hamlin with nine races left to determine the champion.

NASCAR said the No. 33 Chevrolet from Sunday's race had been altered and did not meet its strict specifications.

The car passed its initial inspection at New Hampshire on Sunday, but was taken by NASCAR back to its North Carolina research and development center. It was there that NASCAR found the rear end of the car had been manipulated by Richard Childress Racing.

The development came a day after NASCAR called in RCR officials to warn them that Bowyer's Chase-clinching car from the Sept. 11 race at Richmond had nearly failed inspection because its back end was very close to the mandated limits.

The rest of the article can be read here.

Oh snap! Childress is smarter than this, shame on him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeFAEKDadCc[/youtube]