2011 Endurance Racing Thread

as long as you're not roma, you're welcome :D

(but make sure to return home after the event :p)

as long as you're not roma, you're welcome :D

(but make sure to return home after the event :p)

I'm clean on both accounts. :lol: Now only to find one or two companions from around here... Not to go politic or anything, but I'm utterly appaled by the image those types give to the rest of us all over the continent.

Last edited:
Pescarolo back in 2011

Pescarolo back in 2011

http://www.endurance-info.com/version2/actualite-endurance-6056.html

http://www.pescarolo.com/

Sorry for the sources, currently only available in french.

Great news: Pescarolo is back :w00t::

The car, basically the 2009 chassis, will keep it's 5.5l JUDD GV5.5 engine and will be updated to 2011 regulations concerning aerodynamics and fuel tank capacity, for example.

They are going to entry the ELMS with one car and they - most probably - will compete at the 24h of Le Mans, too.

Last edited:
I'd really like to see that car on the podium at Le Mans. If that happens, the roof is going to be blown off the place by the fans' reaction, Henri doesn't seem to realise how much support there is for him and his team... and not just from the French.

I'd really like to see that car on the podium at Le Mans.
Me, too. But with it's new smaller air-restrictors it's not giong to be competetive against the Audi and Peugot diesel-cars, therefore they'd need a huge amount of luck to reach the podium.

In other news, Tommy Milner replaces Johnny O'Connell full-time at Corvette Racing in the GT2 cars, while Emmanuel Collard's seat for the longer races will be filled by Richard Westbrook. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89035

So #3/#63 - Milner/Beretta + Antonio Garcia for the long races, and #4/#64 - Gavin/Magnussen/Westbrook.

Last edited:
Rooting for the Lizards and United Autosports at Daytona. Go 2MB! :D (Blundell and Brundle for those who don't know)

Also, breaking news concerning the LMS, JMW Motorsport (the Dunlop factory team) have put their Aston Martin GT2 car for sale and will race the 458 Italia GT2 this year, so going back to Ferrari after a year off.

Last edited:
The drivers for the 2011 Pescarolo engagement are going to be Emmanuel Collard and Christophe Tinseau!

source(klick!)

Third driver for Le Mans still unknown though. The other Pescarolo stalwart i.e. JCB is now with Rebellion Racing... maybe Joao Barbosa? He's done marvels with the Pescarolo both in Rollcentre guise and for the factory as well at LM in '09. Otherwise, maybe some young talent from France. Hopefully we'll know soon enough.

Last edited:
Mark the following two dates in your racing calendar:

Feb 4: Peugeot will unveil the 90X officially as well as their plans for the season. Expected ILMC campaign with two or three cars, and according to comments by managing director of PSA's motorsport branch Olivier Quesnel, all 9 drivers (Gene, Wurz, Davidson, Sarrazin, Montagny, Minassian, Lamy, Bourdais, Pagenaud) are pretty much expected to stay with the team.

Feb 9: The ACO will announce in a press conference the 56 entries for Le Mans, the 10 Le Mans reserves, as well as the full entry list for the ILMC. Press conference will be streamed live online on the ACO's official website, following the precedent from last year.

I don't know if any of you count the Grand-Am series in this lot, but i'm going too :p The Rolex 24h is on this weekend. Flying Lizard have got themselfs a prototype, and Pole!!

:D:D

Just read the Autosport quali report, confirmed my expectations; it had to have been a trademarked Bergmeister effort. :D

muwahahahah, nice to see Martin in the top10 : )

It turned out exactly how he predicted it would be, Top 10 in quali. Now let's see if they can get a top 5 race result.

That's not the important Honda/HPD development though: Wirth Research have a coupe in the pipeline for 2012 and it's likely that it will be built for HPD as well. This year is a bit of a stop-gap using the old ARX-01, which itself is based on a chassis which is 6-7 years old.

As for teams though... Highcroft will run a 01e apparently at least at Sebring and Le Mans, depending on sponsorship. No idea whether there are any more 01e penciled in. As for the 01d LMP2 car, at least two examples will be running around in the LMS and at Le Mans, with Strakka and RML confirmed for those two (if I heard it correctly, RML's car is the ex-2008 de Ferran Motorsports Acura/HPD).

Last edited:
No. At least not race commentary from what I can gather. It's probably going to be a race recap/highlights show dotted with various interviews, broadcast after the race.

EDIT: RLM were pushing for a 24-hour broadcast and unfortunately the deal fell through at the last minute. :( Next year hopefully (for the 50th anniversary of the race).

Last edited: