2011 Endurance Racing Thread

It's just such a boringly monotonous tone that thing makes.

However, in all-black that thing looks awesome from the front (that is, as long as you can't spot the fin...)

Don't know if these are real or not, but here are some pictures of Audi R18s with liveries on them.

14uz1pe.jpg

Last edited:
No it's not, the real livery will only be unveiled on race day at the Spa 1000k (actually 6 hours). And yes, I really do mean "race day", as far as I'm aware they'll be doing practice and quali in carbon black.

And another reason why it's not correct, the McNish/TK/Dindo car is supposed to have the yellow flashes no matter what number it is, and they're in car #3 not #2.

We have to wait till this weekend then... Are Peugeot also running at the test day?

Test weekend is on Easter weekend, so still 4 more weeks to wait. And yes, Peugeot will be running all its 4 cars (including the old Oreca Pug) at the test day and the #8 car should be in HYbrid4 (i.e. electric zebra) configuration.

This weekend it's the 6 Hours of Le Castellet, and that's a LMS round. We'll see the new LMP1 Aston Martin in action there though.

Last edited:
Nice win for Pescarolo. Not a particular brilliant race. Amateur stuff at the start, LMP1 battle over within half an hour, ACO messing up LMP2 performance balance and all pro Porsches eliminated after one second.

Like the track, though. Good coverage as well, way better than last year (stream-wise). Radio le Mans was great as ever!

Nice win for Pescarolo. Not a particular brilliant race. Amateur stuff at the start, LMP1 battle over within half an hour, ACO messing up LMP2 performance balance and all pro Porsches eliminated after one second.

Like the track, though. Good coverage as well, way better than last year (stream-wise). Radio le Mans was great as ever!

Yeah, the start was absolutely disastrous. Fantastic job by Strakka though to come home third in class and lead a whole stint with an utterly strangled engine, compensated by the driving brilliance of messrs Kane and Watts.

I have a feeling that Le Mans won't end with a HPD win in P2 though if that engine is kept as choked as it is now. Some people are saying it might be as much as 70-80bhp down on the Nissan V8, and it's all due to boost cuts and asthmatic restrictors. Figures of 700bhp unrestricted are floating around for the V6 (while the ACO's press release about the Nissan V8 quotes 850bhp without restrictors).

P.S. Whoever gave that green light with the pace car still on the track should be lined up against a wall and smacked over the back of a head with a Porsche brake disc from one of those four damaged cars.

Last edited:
P.S. Whoever gave that green light with the pace car still on the track should be lined up against a wall and smacked over the back of a head with a Porsche brake disc from one of those four damaged cars.

I completely missed the race but did find a youtube video of the start. That is so absurdly ridiculous. How that happened I cannot understand.

Its one hell of a screw-up.