The official 2011 season MotoGP thread!

has rossi in the mean time impressed at least once on the ducatti?

i don't follow motoGP as closely as F1, but looks like he can't find his vibe on the duc?

Well, he says his shoulder is still hindering is progress, and because of it they where not able to develop the bike as much as they wanted in the off-season, and are now starting on the back foot.

Yesterday he and Burgess where pretty happy about his 5th place.

Shoulder or not, he doesn't seem very positive about the bike, poor turn in seems to be the biggest issue - which his shoulder compounds. But in his condition he hasn't made very much progress at all.. His Quali laptime 1:56.53 is slower than his fastest practice time 1:56.3- beyond that all his times are around there, with no significant improvement. While the hondas and yamahas have been making .3 seconds per day.

I think that this is showing that Casey really did do a crazy job on the ducati the last few years.

Well done Casey & Honda, great race. Dani had a big problem with his left arm toward the end, but third is not bad. Vali got seventh and will be fully fit by June, highest placed Ducati even still.

:cool:

good race and enjoyed it a lot. Ben Spies did a good race and loads of great moments. Rossi was bloody lucky in his duel. Impressed that he stayed on and while i will admit he's a good racer. Still not my favorite.

good race and enjoyed it a lot. Ben Spies did a good race and loads of great moments. Rossi was bloody lucky in his duel. Impressed that he stayed on and while i will admit he's a good racer. Still not my favorite.

Jeez Jedd, I thought I was the only one who watched the race.

:lol:

Wow surprisingly few comments for this race. This year's race was a lot better than last year. Stoner's killing it on the Honda. That overtake on Dani was insane. I was really happy to see Spies getting a good result as well. Pretty solid race overall I think and hopefully Rossi will get more competitve as the season goes on.

Not a bad race, but has usual the Moto2 race was where the real show was.

Yeah I'm going to start watching Moto2 now. It seems to have a lot of interesting racing. There's a lot of drivers on the grid and I don't know any of their names yet, or even the regulations at that... It'll take a while to get used to.

Yeah I'm going to start watching Moto2 now. It seems to have a lot of interesting racing. There's a lot of drivers on the grid and I don't know any of their names yet, or even the regulations at that... It'll take a while to get used to.

Max Neukirchner. Nuff said :p

Seriously though, really good Moto2 race, and actually a really good MotoGP race too! Surprisingly the 125's were the boring one here- might as well just hand Terol the trophy now....

I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch the sky...

29534.jpg

Only got to see the race today, looks like a pretty boring season up ahead :(. Honda's have really improved their bike and Lorenzo wasn't given much chance, Stoner looked like he could comfortably pull the gap when necessary. Since Pedrosa can rarely keep his pace up for the whole race, the pecking order in the Honda team is quite clear so not much excitement there either. Rossi is still recovering and getting used to the Ducati, so I doubt he'll be challenging the Hondas and Yamahas anytime soon, if at all.

Since I can't see MotoGP for free in Finland anymore, I got a torrent of the Speed broadcast, the commentators were a bit off at times. One of them even referred to the clutch lever as the left brake lever :D.

Was also pretty interesting seeing Spies always going to the first turn with his front discs glowing...don't see that too often in MotoGP. I guess the darkness in Qatar helps but no one else seemed to have that.

Edit: now that I'm forced to download the races anyway, I guess I should start getting the Moto2 races as well, seems like the competition is much more even there.

Last edited:
Since I can't see MotoGP for free in Finland anymore, I got a torrent of the Speed broadcast, the commentators were a bit off at times. One of them even referred to the clutch lever as the left brake lever :D.

If you download the races, you should download the British Eurosport rip, with commentary from Toby Moody and Julian Ryder, and tech analysis by Neil Spalding. And very few commercials breaks. Second best choice would be the BBC rip, good commentary team, and no commercial breaks at all.

Edit: now that I'm forced to download the races anyway, I guess I should start getting the Moto2 races as well, seems like the competition is much more even there.

Definitely. That's where the real racing his (and potentially in 125cc, but I haven't gotten around to downloading those yet).

If you download the races, you should download the British Eurosport rip, with commentary from Toby Moody and Julian Ryder, and tech analysis by Neil Spalding. And very few commercials breaks. Second best choice would be the BBC rip, good commentary team, and no commercial breaks at all.

The Speed rip was the first one I came across, but I wouldn't mind if someone would drop me a PM to point me in the right direction for more rips.

RdKetchup said:
Definitely. That's where the real racing his (and potentially in 125cc, but I haven't gotten around to downloading those yet).

I used to watch all the 125cc as well back in the day (when Stoner was still with KTM with Kallio, good times :)), it was brilliant. Close racing, lots of contenders and the importance of slipstreaming brings a new dimension to the action. I used to follow 250s to some extent as well but it was pretty Lorenzo/Pedrosa/Dovi dominated back then, and when Kallio moved up MotoGP I gave up completely. I've heard a lot of good things about Moto2 and the driver roster is pretty amazing. Definitely have to look into it.

Good commentary team? With Charlie Cox? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Sorry, not even close.

Well in my defense Cox only came on-board last year, and my experience of their team was based on the year before that. And I thought he was gone this year?

Last edited:
Haha, looks like Dani just can't start a season healthy.. they thought he was but then... sneak sneak this. intermitten subclavian artery blockage, making his arm weak due to lack of energy - and pain from lack of 02 and turbulence.

have to remember to catch Moto2 this weekend. i only caught the actual MotoGP race last time on BBC2 and totally forgot that they had coverage of the other races through the Interactive service. From what i read, it sounds like i missed out on a great race. not going to let that happen again.

awful lot of crashes today in the Moto GP Quali's. at one point it seemed like everyone was taking a turn to slide along the ground.

EDIT: Amazing save by Odendaal in the Moto2 Quali's. i would have been screaming all the way along the ground if that had been me.

Last edited:
Anyone else see the new BMW 1 series M at Jerez ?