Official WRC thread

yup, really bad luck for the Solberg brothers : (

I was so furious when the Impreza broke down that i chuck the remote at my TV. Seriously... Petter deserves a much better car.

Sure seems like Atkinson doesn't seem to have a problem with it as much as Solberg, and its been that way for a while now. Peter may have the seniority, but he's becoming the second rated driver. Hopefully this new car, however ugly it may be, will make it better for them in the future. You can't blame it so much on the car though, when your teammate has placed second for the last two races.

JH

Sure seems like Atkinson doesn't seem to have a problem with it as much as Solberg, and its been that way for a while now. Peter may have the seniority, but he's becoming the second rated driver. Hopefully this new car, however ugly it may be, will make it better for them in the future. You can't blame it so much on the car though, when your teammate has placed second for the last two races.

JH
Give him a break man, Solberg was catching Atkinson in this rally; his car broke down. I think if he kept going he would've finished second. Part of rallying involves a little luck. I think they're both great drivers.

You can't blame it so much on the car though, when your teammate has placed second for the last two races.
So his car's electrics cutting out was due to Petter emitting bad cosmic rays then?

Did you see when Henning was consoling Petter? That was hilarious.

So his car's electrics cutting out was due to Petter emitting bad cosmic rays then?

Did you see when Henning was consoling Petter? That was hilarious.
Henning is so funny, good to see him cheer Petter up.

emil_t you can get WRC from RU.

Give him a break man, Solberg was catching Atkinson in this rally; his car broke down. I think if he kept going he would've finished second. Part of rallying involves a little luck. I think they're both great drivers.

Never said that they weren't both great drivers, it just seems like Peter breaks his car more then Atkinson does. Not sure if thats luck or if its different setup or driving style, but for most of last year and this year, Atkinson has had better success with getting his car to the end of a rally compared to Solberg.

Trust me, I'm as big a fan of Subaru as anyone and support them all the way, but its just an observation that I have noticed. Like I said, styling of the new impreza aside, I really hope that this new car injects some reliability and speed into the team so they can get back up to fighting at the top again. Loeb needs some real competition, because right now he only loses when he makes a big mistake. Not really true of anyone else in the field right now.

JH

Jordan Rally WRC starts today!

I think Solberg will be very fast here if his car doesn`t fail him

Jordan Rally WRC starts today!

I think Solberg will be very fast here if his car doesn`t fail him

unfortunately Solberg has been VERY short of luck for the past I can't remember how many years... so lets wait and see on that~:(

So far Petter is doing well. He's on second after three stages. There's one more stage to go before first service.

Sordo has had a very swift start, and has the lead by over 15 seconds. He's helped by good road position and also the fact that other top drivers have had slight problems. Loeb has suffered from poor handling and suspects diff problems while Hirvonen had a minor off on stage 2, losing a few seconds and causing minor suspension damage.

e: I might have jinxed Petter a bit with that. After a stone he apparently hit a stone that took him out of the running for the rest of the day.

As the crews are finishing today's last stage Sordo is still on the lead but his lead has gone down to 1.1 seconds over Loeb in the afternoon. The Finn Ford Formation holds third and fourth with Latvala leading Hirvonen, both less than 15 seconds behind Sordo. From that on the gaps are bigger, with almost a minute to Atkinson on fifth, almost another minute to Urmo Aava in a remarkable sixth place, further mintue to Matthew Wilson and half a minute to Henning Solberg.

Last edited:
unfortunately Solberg has been VERY short of luck for the past I can't remember how many years... so lets wait and see on that~:(

Just finsihed Jordan's day1 rally, and I have to say that Im getting quite fucked off lately with Subaru and their shit reliability.

Solberg had a great start in stage one, did a flying lap and came out on top with Sordo, both clocked the exact same time, beating Hirovnen and Loeb. But the car's right suspension caught on fire at the beginning of stage 3, forcing Petter to retire.

:mad::mad::mad:

Will his bad luck ever end?

Last edited:
Talk about bad luck...

Sebastien Loeb is out of the rally after a head-on crash with Conrad Rautenbach on a road section! Both are out of the rally but fortunately the crews are OK.

Talk about bad luck...

Sebastien Loeb is out of the rally after a head-on crash with Conrad Rautenbach on a road section! Both are out of the rally but fortunately the crews are OK.
A test to see whether the Redbull CWRT C4 WRC or Conrad's privateer C4 WRC is stronger ? LOL.

Just finsihed Jordan's day1 rally, and I have to say that Im getting quite fucked off lately with Subaru and their shit reliability.

Solberg had a great start in stage one, did a flying lap and came out on top with Sordo, both clocked the exact same time, beating Hirovnen and Loeb. But the car's right suspension caught on fire at the beginning of stage 3, forcing Petter to retire.

:mad::mad::mad:

Will his bad luck ever end?

doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon...:(

lets hope when they roll out the new car it'll be a complete change of luck for Solberg too~!

doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon...:(

lets hope when they roll out the new car it'll be a complete change of luck for Solberg too~!

Yeah, all we can do as a fan is hope, but I'm glad to see that Petter still havn't lost his touch, still a very competitive driver. Now all he needs in a good car, lets hope the new STi will not miss the schedule.

Yeah, all we can do as a fan is hope, but I'm glad to see that Petter still havn't lost his touch, still a very competitive driver. Now all he needs in a good car, lets hope the new STi will not miss the schedule.

and he needs to hope those stupid rocks doesn't suddenly found its way onto the racing line just before he's going through...

Talk about bad luck...

What was that all about? I know they're were in different parts of the stage, but couldn't they designed the rally in a way that would avoid these collisions? Why would the rally organizers create a stage that would have the possibilities of two cars hitting head on? I hope they fix this problem next year.

What was that all about? I know they're were in different parts of the stage, but couldn't they designed the rally in a way that would avoid these collisions? Why would the rally organizers create a stage that would have the possibilities of two cars hitting head on? I hope they fix this problem next year.

It was not on a stage, it was on a road section. Pretty much a normal road accident on a public road, aside from the fact that it was between two WRC competitors. The start and finish of that stage (Stage 11) were close to each other, and basically you turned off the main road to go to the stage start and after finishing the stage you went back the same road to the main road and continued towards the next stage. There was space for two cars to pass there but it was a tight and blind corner. The rally directors had warned the crews about that specific spot before the event.

Just one of those things, I guess.