Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Colin McRae is back next year in a Skoda. Yay. Need some more competition for Loeb in his private Xsara. Overall a good rally again. Sometimes I miss TV.
    1995 Chevrolet Camaro Z28
    202,131 km - 125,598 miles
    ??.???? @ ??.?? mph
    2004 Volkswagen Jetta GLS
    90,956 km - 56,517 miles

Comment

COLIN MCRAE IS BACK

He's currently running 2nd overall!

Aussie Chris Atkinson is 6th which is good but I rekon he can go even better on home soil...the next stage is called "atkins" Coincidence?

Oh and for the Aussies who care, Dean Herridge is out on mechanical failer

Comment

It was too good to be true. Out with a mechanical failure.

Comment

duval won

go belgium

Comment

Petter Solberg is probably signing a huge ass sponsorship contract with Norways Oil Company "Statoil".

Contract could be worth 24-40 million NOK (3-5 million EUROS)

nice.

haz

Comment

That is quite a bit of money. Although I want Petter to win more races.
              ??.???? @ ??.?? mph
              90,956 km - 56,517 miles

Comment

If anyone is interested, the WRC radio(which was free without trickery last season ) is available at http://www.zone.ee/wrcmasters/netradio.html

Comment

Hmmm am I alone in thinking that once you've crashed out (or not finished a stage for any other reason) you really should not be allowed to finish in the podium (or in the points) unless EVERYBODY else before you have done the same??

I mean Loeb didn't finish a stage and yet he is second, how is that fair?? Yes he was given a five minute penalty, but the only way I could se it as a fair thing is if he had been given a time penalty of the amount that it actually took to go through the stage (or stages) he missed!

Comment

Loeb is the freaking man...favorite driver...so cool and collected he's just awesome...

getting a 5 minute penalty after the crash on the first day, then coming back to get second place with only a minute difference...if he didn't crash, he would've had a 6 minute lead....

the man is a machine...i love Loeb...

Comment

Originally posted by Raider
                      Loeb is the freaking man...favorite driver...so cool and collected he's just awesome...

getting a 5 minute penalty after the crash on the first day, then coming back to get second place with only a minute difference...if he didn't crash, he would've had a 6 minute lead....

Amazing. I think this year the WRC with its new drivers and teams is just bringing something different to the sport. I like it.
                      ??.???? @ ??.?? mph
                      90,956 km - 56,517 miles

Comment

Originally posted by Mischief007

Amazing. I think this year the WRC with its new drivers and teams is just bringing something different to the sport. I like it.
                        X2

Havn't watched the full coverage yet...only the news report but it looks good. Hope Gronholm makes a comeback this year! I think the new Focus is going to be a tough competitor.

Aussie, Atkinson finished 6th A good start to his 2nd year. He still has such little snow expirience so it was a good effort. He is going to be someone to watch this year.

Comment

yeah, Loeb is quite a guy, never really that cocky or anything. And one helluva driver, that's for sure.
                          A man named Jeffy once said, "If laziness is craziness, then I've lost my marbles...and I don't feel like trying to find them."

Comment

Loeb is the king of Monte Carlo, but he's not that strong anywhere else. Also, remember that Marcus absolutely hates Monte Carlo and after Loeb's accident he drove very cautiously, and the second potential challenger Petter Solberg retired on the first day.

It was a nice event, can't wait for Sweden. We should have a good battle for the win over there.

Only four minutes

Comment

Originally posted by Hazardous
                              Loeb is the king of Monte Carlo, but he's not that strong anywhere else.
                              Not that strong anywhere else? He was the world champion for the last two years. That wasn't just because of his performance at Monte Carlo He had six wins in a row for 2005; ten for the year.
                              A man named Jeffy once said, "If laziness is craziness, then I've lost my marbles...and I don't feel like trying to find them."

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy777
                                Not that strong anywhere else? He was the world champion for the last two years. That wasn't just because of his performance at Monte Carlo
                                You got me wrong. I didn't say that he would not be very good driver in all conditions. He is one of the best, if not the best, rally driver everywhere, but as we have seen in the last few years Monte Carlo is an event he is especially good at compared to his rivals.

Comment

Only four minutes
                                  details details...

Comment

Originally posted by jeffy777
                                    Not that strong anywhere else? He was the world champion for the last two years. That wasn't just because of his performance at Monte Carlo
                                    You got me wrong. I didn't say that he would not be very good driver in all conditions. He is one of the best, if not the best, rally driver everywhere, but as we have seen in the last few years Monte Carlo is an event he is especially good at compared to his rivals.
                                    OK - I got what you mean. The phrase "not that strong" can be misleading depending on the emphasis

Comment

i just hope Gronholm does better now that hes with ford. hes always had suck bad luck in previous rallys.

Comment

Gronholm's winning at the end of stage six, Loeb's not far behind though.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ly/4676780.stm

I love that new ford.

This Christmas... Ben Collins... is.... THE MAN IN THE SANTA SUIT.

Comment

Go Granholm!

Comment

Working...
                                          X