Endurance racing 2016

If you are fielding two cars already, how much more expensive is it to field a third? Especially since it improves your chances of both finishing and finishing first, which is why you spend so much to be there in the first place.

i don't think the actualy car is the biggest cost, but 3 additional drivers + who knows how many engineers + all the added logistics can mount to a hefty invoice i think

i don't think the actualy car is the biggest cost, but 3 additional drivers + who knows how many engineers + all the added logistics can mount to a hefty invoice i think

Those cars and all the spare parts/wheels/tires aren't chump change either, but yeah, I think all the salaries for the crew are the bigger cost. At least they're still racing. The program easily could have been cut in its entirety.

Also mentioned it in the RT thread in this section, but worth posting the picture in here.

VDN0Lal.jpg

Man is that an ugly car.

one LMP1 less in the WEC with all the costs is easily around 2-3 million euros; although it's always hard to say as they do tend to spend a lot more than privateers. Might not sound much compared to god knows how many billion they make in profit as a car manufacturer per year but if you have to save here and there it might make a difference.

I mean, the GT section of Porsche's engagement has also been cut, although it seems like it's for a completely new car for the year 2017.

I'll just put on my Not Surprised Face.

Honestly the ACO should stop giving out easy access to Le Mans for Manufacturers that don't do the WEC & do the first two races. It's just too easy for them do say "oh we're not ready for silverstone/spa" and then just race Le Mans then quit out. Not saying Nissan did this but it rubs me the wrong way how Nissan did this whole GTRLM thing, all hype over actual racing.

the deltawing was far from a disaster! gave them the best publicity possible, probably even more than an outright win, and it actually kind of worked!

what a shame :( i wanted that FWD monstrosity to achieve at least sth. taking risks like they did with the design, should be rewarded on some level, now they're left with nothing

well it was a gamble and it didn't pay off.
This thing was done to win lemans and nothing else. Imho the idea was to suck at silverstone and spa, becuse its shit in corners and get boost of power for lemans straights and try wining it. But nissan underfunded the project, had no serious drivier talent, for racing or development and that was that.

And now FIA is caping power for 2016 hybrids can produce so GT-R doesn't have a chance.

Last edited:
Shame about the DeltaWing. It was involved in a crash and they've been trying to get it repaired, but they've officially retired. Real bummer, since it was so strong in the race.

Also a bit disappointed for Ford. They're running dead last in class at the moment. Lots of teething issues apparently.

Pretty good Rolex 24. I was happy to see the Corvettes do well, but even more impressed that they were allowed to race each other so hard at the end. Only 0.034 seconds between them, after 24 hours of racing.

It was a fantastic finish, also respect for the Viper on P3 in GTD without any factory support.

It was a fantastic finish, also respect for the Viper on P3 in GTD without any factory support.

Not bad considering they were four laps down at one stage.

Was a bit strange when Hindy wondered why their last stop was so late and doubted they would gain from that....

Red flag

race suspended for about 30 mins due to thunder and lightning

Pretty exciting end to the 12 hours of Sebring. Those final ~10 minutes were great.

And another great result for Corvette Racing, at least for one of their cars. That crash between Jan Magnussen and Kevin Estre fighting for class lead was dramatic.

Last edited: