Rank the current field

^^Yeah, I'm with you on that...I think that's one of his only weaknesses...he gets very angry in the car sometimes (US GP 2007, Hungary 2007), other drivers just drive faster when angry, he doesn't...

He also cracks under pressure (Canada 2007, Barcelona 2007), and does stupid things (Spa 2007, Hungary 2007)...

Yeah, I wouldn't say Alonso is immune to pressure either, but there are very few drivers who actually are...

MS cracked under pressure too, 1994 Adelaide and 1997 Jerez being the obvious examples.

Pressure is something I think you can't avoid in GP racing...these guys are insanely strong mentally, but they're still human...

Exactly.

The original list:
1. Alonso - Great intelligent driver, can be very tempremental thou
2. Raikkonen - Fantasic driver who keeps improving
3. Kubica - Fantastic pace, a future champion
4. Webber - Has been hampered by poor equipment since day one, has always beaten his teammate however and deserves a top drive
5. Hamilton - talented but over hyped
6. Kovaleinen - improving all the time after a shakey first season
7. Massa - great pace on his day, still very prone to mistakes
8. Rosberg - Has the talent, needs a better car to see if he can step up to the next level
9. Button - Has blown his chance of winning a WDC by staying with Honda, unlikely to get a top drive and unlikely that Honda will catch up
10. Vettel - has the talent but needs to mature as a driver
11. Heidfeld - doesn't seem to have the pace to cut it with the best, seems to have lost motivation by Kubica's emergence
12. Barichello - An old hand who is still consistant but his speed is fading
13. Trulli - having a much better year but has missed his chance to be a top driver
14. Glock - has the pace but is still young and learning
15. Coulthard - becoming alot more mistake prone, seems to be struggling to keep up with Webber
16. Bourdais - 4 time ChampCar winner, only time will tell if he can transfer over to F1
17. Sutil - has got promise, needs to be in a better car before he can be judged
18. Piquet - Poor start to his F1 career, needs to improve
19. Sato - fast but too much of a loose cannon
20. Fisichella - finally got his chance and blew it, had the potential but didn't show it when it mattered
21. Nakajima - struggling and may be out of his depth, needs to start showing some consistancy
22. Davidson - Has never looked good enough, will always be a test driver at best
And now the new, improved and slighty streamlined new list!

1. Alonso
2. Hamilton
3. Massa
4. Kubica
5. Raikkonen
6. Vettel
7. Webber
8. Trulli
9. Heidfeld
10. Barichello
11. Kovaleinen
12. Rosberg
13. Glock
14. Coulthard
15. Nakajima
16. Button
17. Bourdais
18. Fisichella
19. Sutil
20. Piquet

To clarify the Alonso comment. When he is happy in a team he is almost invincible. Think of holding off Schumacher in '06. I think if his team relationship is good then he is very strong, if he suspects the team aren't totally with him he falls to pieces somewhat. Very much like Mansell.

Contrast with Hamilton who makes mistakes under pressure even when all is well (yes I know its only his second season).