Official Discussion Thread of the 2009 Formula 1 Season

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

The ING sponsoring wasnt a rumour, its stated after the credit crunch and before the first race that this will be their final year at Renault.

Thought it was announced already ?

Ready for 0 to 100 KPH in 3.2 seconds in R mode ?

Comment

Originally posted by EsPpY View Post
      ^

The ING sponsoring wasnt a rumour, its stated after the credit crunch and before the first race that this will be their final year at Renault.

Thought it was announced already ?
      I know it's not a rumour, it was announced about 6 months ago. But it's one of the pieces that adds weight to the "Renault out of F1" rumours.
      (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

Werent williams looking at a renault engine?

Mathematics is to physics as masturbation is to sex.

Comment

Campos hindered by budget cap U-turn
          http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78021

"If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people" - Gregory House
          VODAFONE McLAREN MERCEDES

Comment

I admire their spirit, but it feels a lot like a marketing gimmick anouncement to me.

I'm still hoping Lola will replace BMW or something, though.

Comment

It's not looking good for Campos. I think the teams that came in because they could thanks to the budget cap will have lots of trouble being anywhere close to even the Force Indias...

"If you could reason with religious people there would be no religious people" - Gregory House

Comment

Sebastien Loeb's people in touch with USF1

New-for-2010 Formula One World Championship entrant USF1 has stated several times its commitment to finding American drivers. That was, at least, until representatives for five-time World Rally Championship-winning driver and Frenchman Sebastien Loeb called to make some inquiries. At the moment this is just questions, two sides exploring what might be possible. But USF1 sporting director Peter Windsor did say, "We are looking more on the American side but are going to take him seriously."

On the other side, Citroen, the team Loeb drives for, has several times tried to put down just such speculation. The last time there were rumors of a switch to F1 for Loeb, both Loeb and Citroen said it was nothing. Citroen hasn't said anything about this latest news, but Loeb said he's "on the verge of extending [his] contract with Citroen," and that this is just about filling in when the F1 and WRC schedules don't conflict.

Not long ago it would have been considered absurd to have a part-time driver that just shows up for race weekends, and it would be pretty unusual even now. But with the in-season testing ban, it won't make as much difference as it used to. And besides, he probably couldn't be worse than Luca Badoer is at the moment... Hat tip to James!
                Originally posted by Sir Stiggington View Post
                It's not looking good for Campos. I think the teams that came in because they could thanks to the budget cap will have lots of trouble being anywhere close to even the Force Indias...
                The Force India cars have actually done a lot better lately. Maybe Toro Rosso would work better in your comparison?
                Last edited by A7XFan22; August 27th, 2009, 2:11 PM.

Comment

Even Toro Rosso is good lately. Buemi was great in Valencia qualy..

I think that currently there isn't a firm backmarker team..maybe drivers..Alguersuari and ( hopefully not again ) Badoer.

Comment

Originally posted by sniffpetrol
                    BREAKING NEWS: Brawn to leave tyre warmers on car during actual race.
                    He never dissapoints

Comment

It's the only way.. =)

Comment

According to today's official press conference, Romain Grosjean is working in a bank. And racing at the same time.
                        (V) ( ;,,; ) (V)

Comment

Sauce!

"Real life is heartbreak and despair, kid!
                          Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow,
                          and the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it!"

Comment

Heh. Weird humour

Comment

Jules Bianchi was being shown around and met all the ferrari garage people this morning, when the BBC camera men started filming it happen the ferrari press officer went a bit mad and told Jules to hide from the camera and seemed to tell off the ferrari garage men talking to him

could be a little tip off that he may be the replacement driver

Comment

I haven't seen this posted anywhere else, but I'm being a bit lazy with checking through posts, so tell me if it has.

Draft 2010 calendar from James Allen - Source: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2009/0...0-f1-calendar/

I know this is the 2009 season discussion thread, but I wasn't sure if it warranted its own topic or not. Let me know if you think it does!
                                Last edited by xkatieloux; August 28th, 2009, 6:28 PM.
                                Threads tend to die when I post in them. Sorry in advance!

Comment

Not Bahrain for the start of the season...Australia is much nicer..

Comment

That sucks, I love Australia as a season opener!

Comment

Same here, I love Australia as the season-opener.
                                      "Real life is heartbreak and despair, kid!
                                      Sometimes you get to the end of the rainbow,
                                      and the leprechauns went and booby-trapped it!"

Comment

Boo! Valencia! Boo Bahrain as no.1! YAY! Interlagos! YAY! Motreal!

Comment

According to James Allen, 'it starts with Bahrain because Australia needs to be scheduled for a date after the clocks go forward to shorten up the time difference and make the race time in Europe later.'
                                          ??

Comment

Working...
                                          X