2018 British Grand Prix

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
We're hours away as I'm trying this, many hours but still hours from the final race of the 3 race in a row bit. Lewis Hamilton is on pole position which isn't much of a surprise but he really had to push to get it because the Ferraris are much stronger here than people expected them to be. Apparently they've brought upgrades which work and there will be higher track temperatures which supposedly play into Ferrari hands. With both Ferrari behind him I'm hoping that Lewis doesn't run away with this and we get a good fight possibly with a Ferrari win? It would be good for the championship fight at least.

Kimi was purple in sector 1 and 3 in his run so he defiantly could have gotten pole if his middle sector was better.

If that wasn't an exciting race than I don't know what is, cars carving through the field with both Mercedes fighting both Ferrari. Kimi making great overtakes, Vettel taking Bottas for the lead at the end. Kimi's move on Verstappen. Hamilton's moves on those other people and Bottas.

And LH tantrum at the end when he ran away from Brundle's microphone.

Lewis apparently found his sense in the cold light of day and releases a bunch of clarification statements as stories on instagram. Because that's how you do it when you have the best fans in the world! Or something I don't know maybe he just felt better doing it in a way that it wouldn't be stuck up there for the rest of time even though the media screenshot the whole thing. He says he didn't skip the interview because he was upset but rather because he was exhausted and needed a moment to catch his breath. He also said his implications on Ferrari were just him saying stupid things sometimes and that he accepted Kimi's apology and thats that. He also said that he gave people a reason to shit on him but he didn't mind because #stillirise

Although I agree that Lewis is an exceptionally talented driver, I've been 'done' with him for a LONG time. When he was first driving for McLaren, I really liked him - up until his 'it's-all-about-me' antics began in 2007. Since then, I don't so much care who wins, as long as it NOT Hamilton. Nico's win in last year's championship followed by his retirement left me smiling for weeks! I will have to agree, though, that the four-way battle at the end of this week's event was some of the best racing I've seen in F1 in a long time!

Four Five Eight;n3551081 said:
If that wasn't an exciting race than I don't know what is, cars carving through the field with both Mercedes fighting both Ferrari. Kimi making great overtakes, Vettel taking Bottas for the lead at the end. Kimi's move on Verstappen. Hamilton's moves on those other people and Bottas.

It was very exciting, if you're a supporter of Mercedes or Ferrari. And I do fall into the latter category, so keep that in mind as I say the following: F1 needs more parity. We cannot have three teams locking out the top six spots every week, excepting the odd reliability issue or crash. It can't be top six and then best of the rest. It is nice to see Mercedes have some competition finally, instead of running away with the championship each year, but the fact that any driver in a Red Bull, Ferrari, or Mercedes can go from last to points in less than 10 laps is inexcusable.

WDWBen;n3551355 said:
It was very exciting, if you're a supporter of Mercedes or Ferrari. And I do fall into the latter category, so keep that in mind as I say the following: F1 needs more parity. We cannot have three teams locking out the top six spots every week, excepting the odd reliability issue or crash. It can't be top six and then best of the rest. It is nice to see Mercedes have some competition finally, instead of running away with the championship each year, but the fact that any driver in a Red Bull, Ferrari, or Mercedes can go from last to points in less than 10 laps is inexcusable.

This has always been the way of Formula 1, sometimes it's 2 or 3 teams and sometimes you have 1 dominant team. It's not that terrible of a thing as it gives drivers a reason and avenue to advance their careers in formula 1. The idea that Mercedes can get into the points within 10 laps isn't that absurd and idea especially when the drivers in his way are reluctant to fight for position. I was watching the 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix and Kimi Raikkonen who started last was up into 10th place within 10 laps in a car which didn't manage to win a race that year and finished the race on the podium in 3rd. That wasn't enough to be in the points back then but these days it is.
And how about this, the infamous 1989 Japanese Grand Prix, in the Movie Senna it made the whole thing seem like this tense amazing recovery drive by Senna but you know what? As long as Senna was stopped on the track he was still leading the race when he got going again and then he was able to lead a lap with a broken front wing and was only passed by 3rd place when he had been sat in the pits for 15 seconds.
At the moment you've got 2 teams battling with Red Bull occasionally getting in the mix but Renault could enter the mix before long if they can get it together and same with McLaren, it's not as if those teams are struggling for cash. Even Williams should be doing a lot better than they are.

Four Five Eight;n3551367 said:
This has always been the way of Formula 1, sometimes it's 2 or 3 teams and sometimes you have 1 dominant team. It's not that terrible of a thing as it gives drivers a reason and avenue to advance their careers in formula 1. The idea that Mercedes can get into the points within 10 laps isn't that absurd and idea especially when the drivers in his way are reluctant to fight for position. I was watching the 2006 Bahrain Grand Prix and Kimi Raikkonen who started last was up into 10th place within 10 laps in a car which didn't manage to win a race that year and finished the race on the podium in 3rd. That wasn't enough to be in the points back then but these days it is.
And how about this, the infamous 1989 Japanese Grand Prix, in the Movie Senna it made the whole thing seem like this tense amazing recovery drive by Senna but you know what? As long as Senna was stopped on the track he was still leading the race when he got going again and then he was able to lead a lap with a broken front wing and was only passed by 3rd place when he had been sat in the pits for 15 seconds.
At the moment you've got 2 teams battling with Red Bull occasionally getting in the mix but Renault could enter the mix before long if they can get it together and same with McLaren, it's not as if those teams are struggling for cash. Even Williams should be doing a lot better than they are.

QFT!

i don't understand people who complain that F1 isn't anymore what it's never been, and never will be
F1 is a tactical game played out over the course of the year, and from time to time there is a race to stop people forgetting it's there
but the battle for P1 on track is hardly the most exiting part about it

and i'm loving current season!!! Mercedes vs Ferrari, with Red Bull hanging on and against all odds, about able to keep up
and a midfield battle where the difference between P7 and P14 is blinking the eyes in the middle of the corner
(thank god grosjean keeps messing up, or haas would've been comfortably fourth)