Who will be the first driver to lose his seat in 2009?

Who will be the first driver to lose his seat in 2009?

• Total voters
...Well we all knew it would happen...I just feel sorry for the guy for some reason...

Me too, I don't think he is the worst driver on the grid anyway. But it looks like quali today may have been the final nail in that coffin....

On the brighter side, Piquet Jr is hanging on after today's session!

On the brighter side, Piquet Jr is hanging on after today's session!

Well, I don't think today's session makes any difference (he didn't do wonders - right place, right time), if they want to fire him, they will.

piquet at twitter 1 hour ago:
"Guys, please don't worry about the rumours - it's the time of year we call the 'silly season'. Just focus on the racing - I am!"
well, let's see!
but I don't know, this quali by itself probably will not make any difference on their decision (maybe a really good race tomorrow will!?)... but I think they should let him race until the end of the season...

Yeah, I think so too. I think it wouldn't be useful to throw him out of the team at this stage of the season, after all he did show a bit of talent today by out out-qualifying Alonso (yes, the weather conditions did help him a bit).

Yeah, I think so too. I think it wouldn't be useful to throw him out of the team at this stage of the season, after all he did show a bit of talent today by out out-qualifying Alonso (yes, the weather conditions did help him a lot).
FTFY

Two new drivers soon :)

I think its better to bring in a new driver for a few races in a season just to show them what it is all about if they are rookies.

I've never cared for either Piquet or Bourdais. Especially Bourdais, Torro Rosso is a driver development team and he has not developed at all. He was lead driver last year yet Vettel got into the a-team while Bourdais was stuck at the back of the grid eating paste. He should continue with Le Mans series, he did a decent job there.

The way Bourdais was shaking and hugging his team members after he retired from the race, it looked to me as if he was saying goodbye because it was his last race.

^:lol: My sarcasm-detector is not working very well.. :p

The way Bourdais was shaking and hugging his team members after he retired from the race, it looked to me as if he was saying goodbye because it was his last race.

I thought it even looked like one of the guys on the pit wall was getting a little teary-eyed when hugging Seb.

And it was mentioned that he was going to 'uni'.

I don't know about the driver thats replacing him though. Jaime Alguersuari is only 8th in the standings on the World Series right now, which is a series where all the drivers race basically the same car. And he has 0 wins. I know stats don't tell the whole story, and he had a really good season last time out, but I'd expect more from an F1 calibre driver racing in the Renault World Series.

be-ach, exactly my thoughts. Alguersuari may be very talented, but he's 8th in WSR, for God's sake... In WSR which is below GP2, and even in GP2 I don't see a driver who really should be given a race seat this season.

I understand that with this limited testing, Alguersuari will benefit from driving some races before his first full season in 2010 and this will help him a lot next year (if you think about it, there's no other way to gain experience...), but I wouldn't put him in the car in 2010 either. He turned 19 in March, he wouldn't miss anything if he spent one more year in WSR or GP2 or whatever.

On the other hand, STR doesn't really risk anything, his results can't be much worse than Bourdais's (and don't forget, Alguersuari's got Repsol behind him.)