2009 German Formula 1 Grand Prix

I think my heart just broke.

How bad does the A1 ring look :( where is all the grass? The trees look like shit.

As for old Hockenheim, what a load of bullshit.

As mentioned, whenever Tilke ruins a track, it ends up getting abandoned. Which is why I'm hoping Donington isn't going to be a complete flop.

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race? I wanna say Webber, but it will be the home boy for both
2) McLaren are introducing some upgrades in Germany, will it bring much improvement for them? Don't think so
3) Race results for Raikkonen, Alonso and Kubica? 6th, 10th, 13th
4) Will it be a wet race? No
5) Piquet Jr. came second at the Hockenheimring last year, can he get a podium at the Nurburgring? Fat Chance
6) How many safety cars will there be? Two (One for Kovalinen and one for Piquet
7) Should we remove the standard question in these questionnaires "Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?"? No, just makes the thing more interesting

I found those pics of the A1 and Hockenheim rather (and strangely) depressing.

Last edited:
Yeah it's pretty emotive when you think about all the history.

They're still rebuilding the A1 Ring I think, although quite what was wrong with it in the first place I don't know...

It was too awesome for formula 1.

Have you seen the state of the A1 Ring recently?

Yeah, I went skiing with my family to Austria two years ago. The village where we were staying was about 10 km from A1 Ring, so of course I wanted to visit it. I was quite shocked when I saw the circuit in this state... and there was no sign of any re-construction or something...

If they will be rebuilding it, I hope they abandon the old T1, T2 and the straight between them, and instead of that, for the first sector, they restore the Hella-Licht and the first blasts of the Osterreichring (which would mean full-throttle all the way into what used to be T3).

That would be brilliant. Some real high speed stuff. Although there's no way in hell F1 cars would be allowed to blast through those corners. They would carry far too much sheer coolness if they did...

Doesn't Red Bull own A1-Ring these days?

Yer and the local council didnt want him to rebuild the track

1) Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Vettel,Vettel

2) McLaren are introducing some upgrades in Germany, will it bring much improvement for them?
Yes, jet booster wings and guns hopefully.:)

3) Race results for Raikkonen, Alonso and Kubica?
Icecreaman-DNF,Alonso-DNF,Kubica-DNF

4) Will it be a wet race?
5 seconds of rain followed by 5 seconds of hot dry sunshine repeating consistantly througout the weekend.

5) Piquet Jr. came second at the Hockenheimring last year, can he get a podium at the Nurburgring?
Mabye but I dont think the Renualt is quick enough unless some changes to the car makes it faster.

6) How many safety cars will there be?
1 mabye 2 just in case one of them crashes.:)

7) Should we remove the standard question in these questionnaires "Who will take Pole and who will win the
Race?"? eer no.

Button or Vettel for pole (leaning more towards Button), Button for the win.

2) McLaren are introducing some upgrades in Germany, will it bring much improvement for them?
It will bring some improvement, but not a lot.

6th, 8th, 9th

No

5) Piquet Jr. came second at the Hockenheimring last year, can he get a podium at the Nurburgring?
No

7) Should we remove the standard question in these questionnaires "Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?"?
No

This has to be the coolest helmet deisgn ever in F1:

130786.jpg

It's for Heidfeld, how awesome is that?

This has to be the coolest helmet deisgn ever in F1:

It's for Heidfeld, how awesome is that?

It was designed by a Hungarian :p who won this helmet designing competition

That Heidfeld helmet looks like BMW's weird car camouflaging, but with extra trippiness... Maybe the real design is underneath what we see there and won't be revealed until later!
Anyway:

• Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?
Button, Vettel
  • McLaren are introducing some upgrades in Germany, will it bring much improvement for them?
No.
  • Race results for Raikkonen, Alonso and Kubica?
5th, 8th and 16th
  • Will it be a wet race?
Probably at some point.
  • Piquet Jr. came second at the Hockenheimring last year, can he get a podium at the Nurburgring?
lol wut
  • How many safety cars will there be?
  • Should we remove the standard question in these questionnaires "Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?"?
Nein.

Vettel I hope.

No, not even god could save that car.

5th, 7th, 11th

No.

No.

None.

7) Should we remove the standard question in these questionnaires "Who will take Pole and who will win the Race?"?

I think the question should be re-written to read, "Button or Vettel?"

Supporting Das Seb for both! :thumbsup:

Just....no.

RAI = 7th, ALO = 10th, KUB = 12th

Probably not.

LOL NO!! :lmao:

1 - When Piquet makes the usual carbon fibre fireworks.

No. But as suggested perhaps it should be 'Button or Vettel?' But then again, their engines could both randomly shit themselves in quali so....keep it.

Last edited: