2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

you think those 2 simple holes made all the difference?
plug 'em up, and they'll still be at the front...

Not all the difference, but it appears to have restored the RB8's competitiveness against the MP4-27 as of late.

I thought that by now you would've realized that in F1, the difference a tiny hole can make can be massive; especially when Newey holds the drill.

I thought that by now you would've realized that in F1, the difference a tiny hole can make can be massive; especially when Newey holds the drill.

the holes are also only exposed when DRS is active.
last race vettel drove in the lead from the first corner, so never activated his DRS, yet was the fastest all around

i thought by now you would've realised that in F1, there is no magic trick, it's the complete package that has to be top notch ;)

Yeah but as we all know, the RBR only really works with clean air ahead. The tiny holes can be activated with DRS, and DRS can be activated at any time during qualifying, which gives the car an advantage to get on pole, which it needs to win.

There's also the new trendy flexy front wing. It now bends along the "horizontal" axis.

Depends where the air is going...

It's a bit odd that all the systems are referred to as 'double DRS', they make use of the same loop hole in the region of the rear wing but the air is then used for very different purposes on the different cars.

There's also the new trendy flexy front wing. It now bends along the "horizontal" axis.

i read somewhere that the FIA has a new test to check for flexing since suzuka, and it's about since that race mclaren lost it's form and hamilton made "the wrong setup choices"

Oh I dunno, how about the other teams step their game up, rather than worry about slowing down the Bulls.

My post above is meant to highlight my frustration, it grates on me that whenever this topic comes up it's 'how can we slow down the Red Bulls' and not 'How can we speed up the rest of the grid'.

As a long suffering fan of Stewart, then Jaguar and now Red Bull; It's wonderful to see it all come together for them, but the whining of the more 'privileged' and 'prestiged' team fans drives me up the wall; it's completely hypocritical.

Make your cars faster, don't slow mine down.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I LIKE seeing RBR win. I like seeing ANY non Ferrari or McLaren win. But you're right, everyone else needs to get their thumbs out.

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I LIKE seeing RBR win. I like seeing ANY non Ferrari or McLaren win. But you're right, everyone else needs to get their thumbs out.

I don't get the logic of people like you. If you were in the early 90s you'd say anyone but Williams, if it was the 60s, anyone but Lotus...

Are you some sort of motorsport hipster?

I don't get the logic of people like you. If you were in the early 90s you'd say anyone but Williams, if it was the 60s, anyone but Lotus...

Are you some sort of motorsport hipster?

Quite frankly, why do you even spend the time getting worked up about it? There are a lot of people around here that hate or dislike for the most ridiculous reasons, be it nationality, Team or winningness. That's the problem with some people. Being a fan of a team or driver is one thing, but some automatically hate or dislike everyone else. Look at the India race:

If one cares about F1, the thing you'll remember at this race is a biblical drive by Alonso and the memory of Vettels win will fade faster than paint in bright sunlight. But I bet you anything that some Ferraristi are still foaming at the mouth that Vettel won, instead of celebrating an epic drive of Alonso.

I'm thanking Alonso for not packing his bags sooner than 2014 frankly. He deserves more than Ferrari are being able to give him at the moment.

Raikkonen reconfirmed at Lotus for 2013

Kimi Raikkonen will, as expected, continue racing with Lotus next year. It follows a successful comeback season for the Finn, who lies third in the driver standings on the back of six podium finishes and point-scoring results in all but one 2012 round.

?I think my return to Formula One has gone pretty well and the team has done a very good job all year so far,?

I'm quite pleased with that.... he did have a much better come back than many had expected. Only that win escaping him so far.

Last edited:
I'm thanking Alonso for not packing his bags sooner than 2014 frankly. He deserves more than Ferrari are being able to give him at the moment.

and go where? :dunno:

(just imagine McLaren hadn't signed Perez yet and Alonso would return...i'ld love to see button's face when he gets the news :lol: (don't think he would be happy))

Last edited:
If Red Bull really is that "open team which lets its drivers go all out" then, I guess, Red Bull? He'd bid for the title much more seriously than Webber...

Though, from some point of view, he is 'stepping down'. To a lot of drivers and people, Ferrari is the top-tier team, even though their performance might not reflect the same.

not that many will care, but anyways, this was tweeted by @JeanEricVergne

I'm happy to announce you that I will be racing for Toro Rosso next season!