2013 Formula 1 Season Thread

bone

"bangle for president"
Car(s)
Volvo V40 & Yamaha Banshee
way to many messages concerning the 2013 season appear in the 2012 thread, so here's a new one!

use it wisely :D

way to many messages concerning the 2013 season appear in the 2012 thread, so here's a new one!

use it wisely :D

FIRST!!!

I couldn't resist it. Anyway, the driver market is still shifting, the silly season looks promising till Melbourne 2013. Almost all the top teams are done deal, excitement is all in the midfield. I really hope Kobayashi has a seat that's good enough for us to see more of his banzai action.

Ferrari ALO, MAS
McLaren BUT, PER
RedBull Racing VET, WEB
Renault-Lotus RAI, GRO
Mercedes HAM, ROS

Hm... It seems like all the world champions are leading their own teams. Great stuff, can't wait for 2013.

My first question.... considering the last 3 races, what are they going to ban for 2013 to make RBR fall into line with Mclaren and Ferrari?

Reason I say this is because you and I both know that is the main reason blown diffusers got the ban hammer last year.

My first question.... considering the last 3 races, what are they going to ban for 2013 to make RBR fall into line with Mclaren and Ferrari?

Reason I say this is because you and I both know that is the main reason blown diffusers got the ban hammer last year.

Any car from a team whose name begins with "R" and ends in "ed Bull Racing." Ferrari International Assistance means you can't rule anything out.

I think it was widely accepted that McLaren got the biggest gain from the blown diffusers anyway (see Silverstone). It isn't like Red Bull has been dominant all season anyway, only for the last couple of races. On the evidence of this season so far we can't say with any confidence that they will still be dominant by year end. I think the only major banning will be the double F duct systems.

I think it was widely accepted that McLaren got the biggest gain from the blown diffusers anyway (see Silverstone). It isn't like Red Bull has been dominant all season anyway, only for the last couple of races. On the evidence of this season so far we can't say with any confidence that they will still be dominant by year end. I think the only major banning will be the double F duct systems.

I was meaning mostly the change at RBR from 2011 to 2012.
I mean hell, last year, it was like a gang rape on a quadruple amputee, reminiscent of the Schumacher years.
And yet, off-throttle blowing and blown diffusers get banned and RBR is shit at the beginning of this year.
Now that they are not so shit, going into the last few races, what is the FIA going to ban to slow them down next year?

Why do you think the double DRS systems will be banned?

Last edited:
Now that they are not so shit, going into the last few races, what is the FIA going to ban to slow them down next year?

As I understand it, it's their new Double DRS that has made them so dominant again and that, as you have noted, has been banned for 2013.

I don't see it any different from double diffusers being banned, and that didn't specifically hurt Red Bull more than anyone else.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/92259.html

New Jersey postponed until 2014
ESPN Staff
October 19, 2012

The organisers of the Grand Prix of America in New Jersey have confirmed that the inaugural race has been postponed until 2014.

Race promoter Leo Hindery Jr confirmed that more time is needed to prepare for the race, and as a result the 2013 race has been postponed. However, despite the delay, Hindery Jr was keen to stress that the race would still go ahead in the future and that the organisers retained the full support of Bernie Ecclestone.

Any car from a team whose name begins with "R" and ends in "ed Bull Racing." Ferrari International Assistance means you can't rule anything out.

This is sooooo funny!! Specially cos since, we all know, rule changes were never implemented to break Ferrari's dominance in the past!

I hope the "new jersey" GP falls apart all together. Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn about the scenery behind the track? I'm too busy looking at the cars, if I wanna look at scenery, there's Google Street View.

Last edited:
This is sooooo funny!! Specially cos since, we all know, rule changes were never implemented to break Ferrari's dominance in the past!

I hope the "new jersey" GP falls apart all together. Am I the only one who doesn't give a damn about the scenery behind the track? I'm too busy looking at the cars, if I wanna look at scenery, there's Google Street View.

I tend to agree.....with the exception of the Singapore and Monaco races. The location for both really make the race truly special. Beyond that, I don't really care. At the end of the day, I don't think having NYC in the background is gonna make up for it actually taking place in the US. I wouldn't be surprised if that race goes the way of USF1.

As I understand it, it's their new Double DRS that has made them so dominant again and that, as you have noted, has been banned for 2013.

you think those 2 simple holes made all the difference?
plug 'em up, and they'll still be at the front...

And the actual track itself looks like another Valencia... do not want.

Oh I dunno, how about the other teams step their game up, rather than worry about slowing down the Bulls.

My post above is meant to highlight my frustration, it grates on me that whenever this topic comes up it's 'how can we slow down the Red Bulls' and not 'How can we speed up the rest of the grid'.

As a long suffering fan of Stewart, then Jaguar and now Red Bull; It's wonderful to see it all come together for them, but the whining of the more 'privileged' and 'prestiged' team fans drives me up the wall; it's completely hypocritical.

Make your cars faster, don't slow mine down.

Last edited:
that first corner is crazy! :shock:

if your brakes fail you'll jump!

Andretti doing a lap in the lotus 79 he won the WDC

Last edited:
Ruh roh, that short straight into a hairpin. I sense many dives on the inside to come.