So...Alonso or Vettel?

So...Alonso or Vettel?

• I want Fernando Alonso to win the title.

Votes: 27 55.1%
  • I want Sebastian Vettel to win the title.

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Gingertom

Car(s)
'04 Skoda Octavia vRS
With the title still up for grabs and with less than a week before the finale I felt a little poll was in order to see just who the F1 fans of Final Gear will be cheering for this weekend.

This isn't who do you think will win the championship, but who do you want to win the championship. Simples. :D

(I've made it anonymous too so that youcan vote honestly without fear of being judged.)

Last edited:
Plato.

Vettel.

maybe if he keeps doing it everyone will shut up about it being all about the car.

I'll be rooting for Alonso. I've liked him since his days at Renault and excitedly watched him take the championships there, so it would be great to see him do it again 6 years later.

I can't say I have much against Vettel, he's done a great job, but I'm interested in someone else winning.

But that math has Vettel as the favorite.

Want and think. I shall not fold until the last lap is completed.

Rooting for Vettel's alternator to do its thing.

Obviously not thrilled with either but Alonso really deserves it more than Vettel. He really does, so I'm rooting for him.

Had to vote for Vettel because I just can't cheer for Alonso... even though I definitely wish Vettel wouldn't win a third one in a row. Oh well.

I want Alonso to win, just because I want a different champion. But truth is, Seb seems genuinely funny and nice, and Alonso, brilliantly talented as he is, is a bit of a princess.

Whatever. I'm rooting for Alonso.

I'd love to see Alonso circa 2005 Brazil, I don't know about anyone else. An outpouring of emotion after bringing the championship home.

I SO wanted both championships to be decided in Austin. (At least we got Constructor's? Hehe.) I was pretty much the only one making a frowny face when Hamilton got his pass, haha. Nooooo! Vettel! COCO LIKES THE VETTEL! Ah, well, 'twas a good pass and he was riding that tail all race long. Fun to see in person!

That being said, it's probably better for F1 as a whole for it to come down to the last race. Dearie Vettel:

8IZlU.gif

Alonso (couple of seasons ago never thought I'd be saying that).

He's the more complete driver, he's raced the wheels off an average car.

Seb has had the best car for at least half the season, to be honest he's never had a bad time since his championship winning spree so he is not as complete of a driver as Alonso and Lewis are. He still acts too spoilt, there is wanting to win and there is throwing your toys out of the pram. Also getting sick of his radio messages after poles and winning. (have nothing against him as a person, he's got a brilliant sense of humour). Alonso and Ferrari just deserve it way more, it would be a magical end to a fantastic season.

Hmm, probably Alonso, because it will be someone else for a change.
Vettel will win the title many more times in the future, I'm sure.

.. and didn't Senna punt off Prost (and himself) one year, just to make sure of winning the F1 title?

:smile:

#gear will lynch me for saying this, but imo Alonso had to work much more this season to get where he is, so given the choice, Alonso deserves it more. Still don't like the guy, nor Ferrari, though :p

alonso!

nothing against vettel, but he's only 25, and if he gets 3 WDC's in a row, he's among the greatest ever...and he doesn't belong there yet

Before the season even started I just naturally assumed Vettel would win. But once the season started he wasn't winning, someone else was, someone I never even gave a chance based on the last few years: Alonso. He's clearly driving a slower car than the Red Bull but somehow he makes it work. I guess I have a soft spot for an underdog and for that reason I'll be cheering on Alonso.