GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

He has history. He thinks he can just turn through a car that's on the inside and that's his right. He has for years.

It's a very simple equation really; if the car is alongside entering the braking zone, he needs to leave a car width for it between him and the edge of the track.
If the car was dive-bombing alongside late on, i.e. during the turn-in phase, then yes, it'd be the other guy's fault. But if his car has been alongside on the straight and into the braking zone prior to turn in, Massa's just being arrogant in thinking everyone should be getting out of his way while he takes his line oblivious to what's around him.

Last edited:
I wasn't watching F1 in 2011 for some reason but my understanding was that Hamilton and Massa crashed a lot that season and according to this video that was the one crash which was Massa's fault and he got a drive through penalty for it.

As for the crash with Kimi's car... I am not a racing driver, but from the onboard footage it seemed he had plenty of time to react but he was probably too focused on the car just in front. Several commentators seem to agree he could have made it past just fine if he'd reacter quicker.

Easy to look at onboard footage which isnt a true representation of the speed and what the driver sees. Also, we all knew there was a car there, at the time Massa didn't. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

As for the Magnussen incident, Felipe was wrong to blame Magnussen for it entirely when some, or even most of the blame should fall on his own shoulders. But it was a racing incident, I feel the stewards made the correct call.

Also, we all knew there was a car there, at the time Massa didn't. So I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

Holy crap did you not read the thread? That's the fucking problem, as a veteran he should know these things. There's no "benefit of doubt" here, he made a mistake and whined like an idiot.

On the topic of whining like an idiot, just watched Hamilton comment on the lack of safety car during the end of the race. He pulled the "I think we all know why" card.....if that's even a card. (better than the black card I guess :glare:)