2017 Formula One silly season thread

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
#1 candidate to replace Rosberg so far is Bottas, but Williams is said to have rejected the bid (read as: please give us more money or a bigger discount on engines cos we are struggling m8)

Gutierrez seems to be sacked cos lack of points.

Any other rumours going around?

Last edited:
Massa's return would devalue his farewell and would not be as dignified. By returning he'd basically say - I didn't retire on my own, I was forced out by Stroll, and now that a seat is free, I can return.

Maldonado would be a good pick for Williams - past experience with Williams (even though not the sweetest one, but nevertheless), experience with V6T and good pace when not crashing.

"Boring Bottas" - he was rather exciting in 2013 shitbox and the rather competitive 2014 car. I want to see how good is in a good car, so he doesn't become the next Heidfeld or Hulkenberg.

Well that was lame.... Bottas sounds like perfect nr 2 material, and good old Massa will still be around to hold Lance Strolls hand .... booooring.
Would have been much better if Alonso got the Merc drive....

and google also only gives that one page as a result, no other source at all mentions this

Massa's return would devalue his farewell and would not be as dignified. By returning he'd basically say - I didn't retire on my own, I was forced out by Stroll, and now that a seat is free, I can return.

Not necessarily, it just depends how you look at it. If you remember that Massa kept his seat at Ferrari because Michael Schumacher stood down you could also say that he's coming back to allow Bottas a chance to shine in a top team. From what I've read he's on a sort of "Just in case contract" so he's signed to come back only if Bottas moves to Mercedes and that Williams only freed up Bottas because Massa agreed to do this.

Not necessarily, it just depends how you look at it. If you remember that Massa kept his seat at Ferrari because Michael Schumacher stood down you could also say that he's coming back to allow Bottas a chance to shine in a top team. From what I've read he's on a sort of "Just in case contract" so he's signed to come back only if Bottas moves to Mercedes and that Williams only freed up Bottas because Massa agreed to do this.

I agree with your sentiments.

If he didn't come back, Bottas couldn't shine in a bigger team?
Williams could get 100 different guys all waiting for a shot...

The real question is, does Massa have to return his retirement present? lol

Rumours are that Martini didn't want two young guys under 25 driving for the team, since marketing would be harder; and that williams didn't want to have two complete rookies at the team.

They wouldn't have released Bottas from his contract, no

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Is anyone actually looking forward to this next season? I still fear that it's going to be boring AF.

Maybe, but at least the cars will look positively bitchin with fat tyres and low wide wings

Is anyone actually looking forward to this next season? I still fear that it's going to be boring AF.

hell yes!!! can't wait for the drama to continue!
atm, life has a void...

but if all you care for is, who crosses the line first, i don't think you should bother...
oh, and don't bother if you're a ferrari fan either, they'll be crap! :D

but if you want to see bottas fail again hamilton,
massa fail at F1
and vettel being frustrated as hell
you'll have a hoot :p

i think red bull will get a lot closer to mercedes, even might make it an interesting season
and the inter team battle at red bull will be fierce and awesome
and that's the reason mercedes will be crowned champion once again

Last edited: