2017 Chinese Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
I gotta say... this is one of the most badass things Ferrari has put out in recent years.

Ladies and Gentlemen!

17796436_1626480344048250_5614307521111927573_n.jpg

That is indeed properly bitchin'.
FP1 delayed because rain/fog meaning no helicopter. FP2 is the same so far....

Perhaps they should not do China so early in the season if the weather is like this?

i like wet races!
plenty of dry races during the summer, some rain in the beginning of the year, when the pecking order isn't completely clear yet, only adds to the magic

So we're going into Qualifying with almost no testing done... Could be a giant mix up.

Verstappen nearly last, Stoffel's lap equally fucked by a crashing Giovinazzi, so pretty shaken up already

d5b9737be4f7107fb6e9f8e5e87633c4.jpg

The gap between Vettel and Bottas for p2...

Ferrari looks like they have real pace. If Vettel can jump Lewis at the start, could be interesting.

Watching FP2 on DVR - nice to see The Stig took some time off to relax and take in a GP.

Oh Jesus Christ Giovinazzi, that was a banger... Glad to see him out ok, he just lost it in the straight. What a few laps from verstappen

Kimi get out the fucking way, go back to rallying! You just said you have engine problems let vettel through!

***edit

Look just how much faster vet was than kimi! Fucks sake he lost so much time behind that guy. No team play at all

Last edited:
That was a proper race! Everyone including myself whining about not passing can just stfu. Still, weird strategy from Ferrari yet again. Either do a 1 stop or not but seeing Kimi struggle on worn tyres and having to come in again looks a bit like 2015 Kimi.

that was a great race indeed!
and i think mercedes got lucky with the safety car
if vettel was on hamilton's tail after the restart, i think vettel would've won!

that was a great race indeed!
and i think mercedes got lucky with the safety car
if vettel was on hamilton's tail after the restart, i think vettel would've won!

At the very least if he was released from Kimi who was supposedly suffering engine mishaps...

"Yes I can go faster but I said straight away that Kimi could go faster too I saw that he was putting pressure on daniel."

Feels like he's not trying to start shit, but Kimi was barely putting any pressure, as soon as Vettel got past he was all over Ricciado's ass and them both were leaving Kimi for dead. 11 laps behind Raikkonen lapping at least half a second slower than Hamilton up front, finishing gap only 6 seconds, it's not hard math. Not saying it was a guaranteed win but it would have been a fight at the end.

Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne wants his Formula 1 team to sit down for talks with Kimi Raikkonen after the Finn's second consecutive difficult race in the Chinese Grand Prix.

While Ferrari's car proved a match for main rival Mercedes this season, Raikkonen has yet to finish on the podium - although he pointed out that his strategy compromised his race in China.

Marchionne expressed some frustration with the failure of Raikkonen to get past Daniel Ricciardo in the early stages of the race, at a time when Vettel was also behind him.