2017 Russian Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
SO LETS GO

18121817_1654677561228528_2903115578337486943_o.jpg

Kimi p1 in FP1 again, why can't he do this on qualy or race day?

Vettel had a scrappy FP1 which is probably why he slower in FP1 but a bit quicker in FP2. Just remember that last year Kimi out qualified Vettel over the course of the season so it's not because he doesn't have it in him. Kimi himself has said he hasn't been able to get his car set up right for whatever reason so who knows what could happen during qualifying.

Vettel had a scrappy FP1 which is probably why he slower in FP1 but a bit quicker in FP2. Just remember that last year Kimi out qualified Vettel over the course of the season so it's not because he doesn't have it in him. Kimi himself has said he hasn't been able to get his car set up right for whatever reason so who knows what could happen during qualifying.

True, but in 2015 Vettel was something like 15-4 for qualifying over Kimi, and about 2014, Kimi probably still has nightmares about Alonso.

Vandoorne already got a grid penalty for using too many engines over the course of the season. He is on his fifth turbo and MGU-H. :|

Ferrari have locked out the front row, how do you like them apples.

Hooooooly shit. So this is the first front row without a Mercedes since when?

**edit

Singapore 2015. And that was a freak accident in an otherwise all-Mercedes pole year.

But also importantly, first time since the 2008 French GP we have a Ferrari 1-2 in quali.

Last edited:
Vandoorne already got a grid penalty for using too many engines over the course of the season. He is on his fifth turbo and MGU-H. :|

latest report is it's all BP's fault
Honda had the pre-chamber combustion working with exxon oil, before the year started they switched to BP's castrol oil, and ever since it won't work anymore, and just shakes the engine to pieces

Aahhh balls. I think, bad strategy call by Ferrari for a fair shot at the end. GG Bottas, maybe this will open up the intra-team dynamic.

Also, 0 overtakes this race or at least seen on TV. I wonder how much longer we need to endure these god awful street circuits for the sake of money. Really hoping the new administration scraps these wooooonderful Bernie decisions soon.

I think the strategy call was reasonable, Bottas just picked up too much time in the first stint I think, if Vettel were able to keep within 1 second like with Lewis then maybe he'd have taken him but the gap was something like 5 seconds and he wasn't able to pick up time by staying out, not enough time anyway. crazy gaps though it's no wonder there was not many overtakes. Kimi finished way ahead of Hamilton 25 seconds.

Last edited: