2017 Spanish Grand Prix

mpicco

Forum Addict
Car(s)
R19
18403779_1673403509355933_5971023294507143135_o.jpg

Ol?!

What a qualifying from Alonso in that bucket. Has there ever been two team mates more unmatched? Not to put Vandoorne down but they're in two different leagues...

Mixed up at the front, we'll see how tomorrow goes, anything can happen.

Last edited:
Was certainly a mighty effort from Alonso to get up to p7. I want to believe this could be a turning point for the team, but wishful thinking most likely. Guess we'll find out in a few hours

Yeah it really was the Alonso show. Some Brit got pole I believe?

Both Finns retired the race which will keep the constructors close but there was some pretty good racing going on especially from Vettel, who says the guy can't overtake. Unfortunately Hamilton can also overtake and those fresh softs took Seb's Mediums to the cleaners.

I hear it was an exciting race, my shitty internet did not help me enjoy it much, when I got a working stream, Raikkonen had retired already. Verstappen is building himself a nice crash-prone reputation.

It's safe to say Ferrari made a bad call with Vettel pitstops, both of them. Trying to overcut Hamilton when there was no real danger, and then choosing the worst time after the virtual safety car.

Bottas was a completely submissive #2 again, ruining his own race holding Vettel back for Hamilton, was so glad to see him in a cloud of smoke.

Was hoping Hamilton's tyres would fall off the cliff and Vettel be in much better conditions for a final scrap but Massa got in the way, again, and there's no real cliff on these tyres anymore.

Great effort by Force India, the complete opposite by Williams. Alonso had shit luck at the start and I think he could have done so much better.

Did you miss Kimi Raikkonen consoling one of his fans? Apparently Ted gave him an interview.

C_yjuxkXoAIospr.jpg

C_yjuYkWsAE-wS5.jpg

The German transmission guy saw him and tracked him down. Might be completely wrong though, read it somewhere online.

Yeah that kid was so excited at the start and so heartbroken at Turn 2 when Kimi went off and out. He seemed a bit happier once Vettel retook the lead from Hamilton, but made my day when he popped up with Kimi at the Ferrari Hospitality Suite.

Both Finns retired the race which will keep the constructors close

but if either bottas or raikkonen had any kind of ambitions for this year, they can shelve them already...
that was a good race, and if the battle between hamilton and vettel keeps going like this, we'll have a year that'll be written down in the history books!!
F1 rules! :)

but if either bottas or raikkonen had any kind of ambitions for this year, they can shelve them already...
that was a good race, and if the battle between hamilton and vettel keeps going like this, we'll have a year that'll be written down in the history books!!
F1 rules! :)

That isn't necessarily true, neither Bottas or Raikkonen are mathematically out of this championship. Depending on how the others in the top 4 do in the coming races putting themselves in the lead could be anywhere from 4 to 8 race wins or less if there are retirements. We're only a 1/4 of a way into the championship.

if either of those is between vettel and hamilton, i expect both teams to ask to let their teammate through...

I don't know about Mercedes but bar a penalty, some sort of issue or possibly strategy Ferrari will never tell Kimi to move aside for Sebastian Vettel until Kimi is mathematically out of the championship. Not this early in the season, no way that would ever happen especially if they were still leading the Mercedes.

Bottas is quite categorally playing second fiddle to Hamilton. I suspect it was one of the conditions for the jump from Williams to Merc in his contract. Bottas is out of the running, for sure.

Bottas is quite categorally playing second fiddle to Hamilton. I suspect it was one of the conditions for the jump from Williams to Merc in his contract. Bottas is out of the running, for sure.

There was a part at the end of the race where I felt really sorry for Bottas. After Lewis won, they cut to the Mercedes pit celebrating. The head honchos jumping and cheering, giving each other hugs and reach-arounds, when Niki Lauda turns to Bottas, who is just standing there looking a bit dejected and clapping slowly, and tries to give him a hug. Bottas just looks confused before the camera cuts away.

They give Bottas an old shit motor that let him down and they expect him to be jumping for joy that his teammate won the race? Poor Bottas. :lol:

no matter the situation, if lauda were to hug me, i would also look confused and hesitant :lol: