Colors in 2006 F1

Kebab gud

As we all saw in Hamsters BRG report .. the whole colour thing is gone in F1 now adays..

Well..
Toyota is still white (and read)
Honda is still white (and black)
Renault is still blue (and yellow)
Ferrari is still Red (and .. red)
yes Mclaren Mercedes does have a bit of silver on there cars.. but there still black.. Wrong colour!
and now .. Williams good old williams..
for the 2006 seson williams has a british engine (Cossie V8) ..
so williams is i 2006 100% british... then why the FU** is there new car BLUE!
WE WANT BRG! BRG!! BRG!! BRG!!

Williams in 2006... the first 100% british F1 team in a long time .. and there the wrong colour!
35406_2.jpg

Lets all start a protest against the new blue Williams F1 car!
(it was OK last year when they had the BMW colours.. but now its british again!)

I used to love the old Jaguar team . . .
Didn't Williams which to blue when they had the Renault engines?
Maybe they were forced to retain blue due to some sponsorship deals.

Z Draci said:
Didn't Williams which to blue when they had the Renault engines?
Maybe they were forced to retain blue due to some sponsorship deals.

Williams had Renault engines from 1989 to 1999, although the last two years were without factory support and on different name(Supertec). Through these years the team had the white-yellow-blue Canon/Camel livery until 1993 and from 1994 to 1997 the white-blue Rothmans livery. In 1998 the cars had a red Winfield livery(which was, at least IMO, horrid) and from 1999 onwards they have had the Compaq/HP sponsorship.

It would be great to see a BRG livery, but since their only british major sponsor is RBS I doubt it will happen.

Worth a note, the blue livery is not necessarily the one they'll use next season, this is just the one they will use through winter testing. Kind of like the bright orange McLarens and matte black Ferraris few years back.

Re: Colors in 2006 F1

Kebab gud said:
As we all saw in Hamsters BRG report .. the whole colour thing is gone in F1 now adays..

Well..
yes Mclaren Mercedes does have a bit of silver on there cars.. but there still black.. Wrong colour!

Williams in 2006... the first 100% british F1 team in a long time .. and there the wrong colour!
35406_2.jpg

(it was OK last year when they had the BMW colours.. but now its british again!)

McLaren was founded by a New Zealander, so the colour scheme is not entirely wrong.

Re: Colors in 2006 F1

Burlap Sack said:
Kebab gud said:

Well..

35406_2.jpg

McLaren was founded by a New Zealander, so the colour scheme is not entirely wrong.

I think he had Mercedes and the Silver Arrows colour in mind.
It's because the McLaren-Honda had the Japanese red/white colours.

I think the colors of F1 for 2006 will be the same as have been for the past few seasons: different shades of gray! Very gray!
I think you know what I mean. :)