Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Templer_102

Car(s)
Subaru Legacy GT
I was just wonding about Insurance....i mean when you mod you car, do u have to tell your Insurance company about it?

I just heard the company will cover for what ever u tell them u have....like ur 20' Spinners get stolen, if the Insurance company doesn't know, they won't cover it

if u keep the invoice, and u crash, the insurance might pay everything back, i know a guy who got 500? extra for his stolen car caus he had some expensive ICE

don't know wether he said it in advance to his insurance

Generally the rule with insurance is tell them everything, because while it means you may get your stuff back if you have an accident. On the flip side if they find out that you didn't mention a mod they can outright refuse to compensate you on the grounds of deception!!!! :x

A good example is my friend last month had his car stolen, he went to claim on his insurance, the month before he'd been given 3 points on his license for speeding but forgot to tell them. Now he's got no car and doesn't have the cash to buy another one. Bad time

hmmm... I never knew that you have to tell your insurance when you mod your car... better go and check with them... I never thought about that point

It makes sense, if you car has uprated wheels and someone takes them if you're only insured for the stock ones that's all they're are going to pay for.

Normally your ment to inform the insurance company when you have performance modifications done to the car. When i fitted a racing exhaust manifold to the insurance company i had to report it. They didnt charge me any more, but ive heard if you have a crash and they find something non standard in your car they may not pay out. Obviously a modified 2litre engine is faster thus more likely to be envolved in an accident.

I guess pimping out your rig with 19" alloys is going to make your car more attractive to theives.

Here in australia we "should" tell the insurance company about all mods. Most people don't if its like lowered springs or stuff like that because they are only 240 AU dollars to replace and if you tell the insurance company they'll usually bump up your premiums because "you're becoming a hoon!"

Status
Not open for further replies.