How much is 155MPH in KM/H??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Google's calculator isn't perfect though:
oops7et.jpg

Interesting, that in "how to use google calculator" it says:
This only works if the expression is mathematically resolvable. For example, 1-800-555-1234= will return a result, but 1/0= will not.

Yet, it gives the result (wrong obviosly) 1 / 0 = 0 :)

MXM said:
Interesting, that in "how to use google calculator" it says:
This only works if the expression is mathematically resolvable. For example, 1-800-555-1234= will return a result, but 1/0= will not.

Yet, it gives the result (wrong obviosly) 1 / 0 = 0 :)
Sin(0)/0 is a famous limit which equals 1.
You can't compute it directly, so it makes sense that google can't compute it, but how cool would it be if it could take limits and evaluate indeterminate expressions?

Actually limit of sin(x)/x (also known as sinc function) when x approaches 0 is equal to 1.
Even Matlab wont tell you the answer to sin(0)/0, because it is simply nonexisting :) Although it will tell you the answer to limit(sin(x)/x,x,0) which is 1.

Ah, you got me there! :p
True, if I wanted a result I should have written it as a limit as x->0 instead of writing it as a straight expression. Since it was undefined I shouldn't have expected a result. I don't want to take another thread off topic, but I'd like to talk math so I'm going to make a new thread in off-topic about this.

Viper007Bond said:
kanderson said:
How much is 155MPH in KM/H??
Google converts anything to anything. Go to http://www.google.com and type "155 mph to kph" (without the quotes). It gives you the answer:
155 mph = 249.44832 kph

Yes. Google does everything for you. Know the address to a website? Why type it in when you can google it? Too lazy to do your homework for calc? Why not type the equation in google and have it answer the question for you! Google is a godsend. muah.

Status
Not open for further replies.